F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Wires mixed with water? F4i how waterproof?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2008, 12:36 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Wires mixed with water? F4i how waterproof?

I rode my bike under heavy rain, wash it very often and left it outside under the rain like two days once. It's still running good, I don't have any electrical problems either. Oh! I only had this headlight problem which was a result of broken solder in the starter switch. Of course, if you take good care of it, it will last longer.

Old 08-29-2008, 06:31 AM

I ride regularly rain included.DOne many 100+ miles in the rain ,bike washes no issues.

BUT i did take all my connectors apart and put dielectric grease in all of them to help keep them good and clean.

Old 08-29-2008, 10:18 PM

She is gettin washed tomorrow, tell yal how it goes
________
Colorado medical marijuana dispensary

Last edited by F4iMane; 09-09-2011 at 05:46 AM.
Old 08-30-2008, 10:51 AM

After you're done washing it start the bike to help the insides dry from the heat of the engine (make sure to dry the exhaust first it gets hot!). Then I would recommend taking off the seat while you're drying it as well because water does get under there. Also don't just sit there and spray the gauge cluster on full blast. haha What I usually do is set my sprayer to the shower setting which just softly sprays a lot of water almost like a low pressure shower head. Then I wash the bike with a sponge/washing mit or something to help scrape the bugs off without scratching paint. Then I set my sprayer to center which is almost like shower but it just sprays a little bit harder then go over it again with the low pressure shower. Dry it with one of those "the absorber" things and ride around the block. Then spot dry it again. Then I polish it with the Honda spray cleaner to give it that wet look. =)

Good luck!

Mike

Old 08-30-2008, 11:17 AM

Your bike is waterproof, you can wash it all you want. I've taken mine to the carwash numerous times for a rinse, then i come home and polish it with Spray polish cleaner.

One thing you need to remember is the water is bad on the engine block if you're running at operating temp and spray cold water directly on the bike. Let your bike cool down before you wash it! Far as starting it after the wash, that doesn't matter either. These bikes can get rained on without any problems.

Cars have plenty of electrical wires under the hood that withstand rain. Yes, they're under the hood but it definetly gets wet in there during a car wash or while driving through the rain.