F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

windshield noise

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2008, 12:41 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default windshield noise

Well I've been noticing for quite some time now that my windshield makes this buzzing noise, especially when I'm driving on bumpy roads. Pressing down on the top of the windshield I noticed that it bends down a little, and the "V" that the front fairing makes between the headlamps is coming up just a little. So, I'm thinking about putting some double-tape in there - but I'm thinking - am I missing something from the fairing? Should it have some retainer that should prevent it from moving? I saw some headlight pictures somewhere and they had some double-tape in the same spot, so I'm thinking that maybe this is a common problem with our bikes.

Old 03-07-2008, 08:35 AM
Default RE: windshield noise

I noticed that little hole there too, you mean under the clear plastic of the headlight and the front of the fairing?

Mine doesn't buzz yet but I think I'm going to put some double sided tape in there too (if that's what you are talking about...)

Old 03-07-2008, 03:27 PM

I didn't notice any hole, I'll take a look tomorrow in the daylight. I'm talking about the spot above the clear plastic of the headlight, right on the center between the two bulbs, where the front fairing has the shape of a "V" pointed downwards between the headlights. It's between this "V" lobe of the fairing and the headlight underneath that I tried to put some double-tape, however I saw that there's this little cube made of sponge, probably to act as some sort of damper between the fairing and the headlight. Problem is, it's probably not doing its job properly...

Old 03-07-2008, 03:31 PM

oh, gotcha - we were talking about differnet parts - throw some more foam or double sided tape in there and see if it fixes it up

Old 03-22-2008, 01:18 PM

Ok, so just wanted to let everybody know that i put some double tape in there, between the sponge cube and the fairing, and the noise is gone now.