F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

which windscreen to get?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 03:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: which windscreen to get?

Ihave a Zero Gravity double bubble and love it. Fit up is perfect and looks good. Alsohelped with the wind, now I don't feel like I'm being blown off my bike going down the hwy.

Old 01-11-2007, 11:41 AM

im not trying to hijack this thread but

im also looking into getting a double bubble for my bike, ive read alot about DB's melting the gauges if the bike is parked in the sun for a decent amount of time. i really want a double bubble but if its going to melt my gauges i might have to pass on it. anyone have gauges melt on them?

Old 01-11-2007, 08:48 PM

Your not hijacking at all. In fact, Your the second person to mention a concern regarding gauges melting. I'm fairly sure that I'm going to buy a dark smoke ZG but your question has me concerned. The bike parking area at work gets full sun all day. I hope your question gets answered

Old 01-11-2007, 09:35 PM

I can only speak for myself, but I've never had this happen to me. Last summer my bike spent a good portion of her time outside and no problems at all. Then again I'm in Torontoand itdoesn't get as hot here as some other places.

Old 01-11-2007, 11:30 PM

I just painted my stock screen...

Old 01-12-2007, 02:32 AM

i have a dark smoke db by zerogravity, and park outside all the time, never have thatmelting problem. also, if you do alot of highway miles, you will love the double bubble. it is hella nicer than the stocker

Old 01-12-2007, 03:47 AM

yea i remember u saying u did that and i was looking at my screen today and thinking about doing it, how does it look in person can u tell its painted or does it just look like a really dark screen
ORIGINAL: vroom chirp

I just painted my stock screen...

Old 01-12-2007, 04:27 PM

what type of paint did you use to paint your windscreen? i really would like to get a new one considering my WS has scratches all over it

no since no one has had any problems with the gauges melting i think im going to go ahead and buy the zero gravity double bubble in dark smoke. thanks guys

Old 01-13-2007, 01:50 PM

ORIGINAL: BadAzF4i

yea i remember u saying u did that and i was looking at my screen today and thinking about doing it, how does it look in person can u tell its painted or does it just look like a really dark screen
heres a close up, you real cant tell that its painted, Its just black, its about 5-6 coats and wet sanding with 2000 after each coat.
The paint i used is called Premium Decor Spray Lacquer, its just gloss black.

Its really smooth, you prolly cant tell from the pic since its in the garage, but outside it reflects everything.

Old 01-13-2007, 02:16 PM

Your screen looks perfect, you definitely can't tell it's paint. I ment to comment on the work you did on your thread. leaving the yellow strap looks sharp, nice accent.
I don't know if this is true, but I have heard that some tracks require you to have a clear screen. This may be worth looking in to for those who plan on attending track days.

Quick Reply: which windscreen to get?