F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

which windscreen to get?

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2007, 12:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which windscreen to get?

I want to buy another windscreen. I know I want either smoke or dark smoke I'm just not sure which brand to get. I could benifit here with some expierience based on quality and fit.
thanks.

Old 01-09-2007, 12:54 AM
Default RE: which windscreen to get?

PUIG. I have a dark smoke double bubble one.

Old 01-09-2007, 12:58 AM

Haha, I'm stalking you.....

Personally I have the Zero Gravity double bubble (dark smoke) and I love it.
The fit is perfect and makes the bike look better. Realistically when are you ever going to look through the windscreen while riding anyways? The double bubble also helps with the amount of wind while on the highway because of the shape.

I've also heard good things about the Puig, but can't personally speak of their quality.

Old 01-09-2007, 01:44 AM

I've read good things about both those brands. I'm watching the one one e-bay that cbr boyracer informed about. Is that like yours Whitby?

By the way. Two of use are definitely singing up for August 08/07 for fast school with the altenate date of the 15th

Old 01-09-2007, 02:28 AM

this is probably a stupid question but whats the difference between screens like double bubble and other shapes.. whats stock compared to a double bubble

Old 01-09-2007, 11:38 AM

yeah, the one your talking about is the same as mine but mine is considered a "dark smoke" not just "smoke". I', happy with mine. FAST school is a go huh? I'm going to have to check the funds and get back to ya.

As far as the shape of the DB over the stock one, it has more of a "bump" or curve in the middle of the screen. It gives it a sportier look, flows with the curves of the bike better, and I feel like the extra height on the curve gives you better wind protection at higher speeds. Kind of difficult to explain but I hope you get an idea of what I mean.

Old 01-09-2007, 02:12 PM

Does the double bubble design only melt guages when it is clear or even in colors. I( saw that situatuation on a previous thread and didn't know.

Old 01-10-2007, 02:08 PM

I actually had fitment problems with my Puig windscreen, it wouldnt sit flush with the upper fairing...might have been defective but i returned it and got the ZG Dark Smoke and it fit much better...the Puig windscreen are def. quality products (really thick plastic) but the dark smoke gives off a blueish tint that I dont like........dark smoke is the way to go tho, I never look through my screen, even when im tucked

Old 01-10-2007, 02:29 PM

I've got a double bubble dark smoke, looks sick.

Old 01-10-2007, 02:47 PM

I have a zero gravity, night shaded. I like it. My buddy has a black tinted puig and it looks equally good. They're all good, I'd look for the best deal.

Quick Reply: which windscreen to get?