F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

wind

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2007, 04:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wind

Is it just me or does the light weight of the F4i make an easy target of the wind? I was blowing all over the place going down an open road about 60mph.....kinda freaky. Is this just something you have to learn to deal w/?

Old 07-03-2007, 04:21 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: wind

i hear ya. im 5'9' and weigh around 145........i get tossed where the wind wants me, hahaha. going over a tall brigde in my area makes it 100000X worse!

Old 07-03-2007, 04:21 PM
Registered Users

yeah wind sort of sucks, but you get used to it....just don't try to overcompensate for it...just ride, it may feel like the bike is all over the place but it's not....

when i first started riding i would try to compensate because i felt like i was falling over from the wind and once i got more confidence, i just rode through it....once you do that, you won't even notice it anymore.

Old 07-03-2007, 04:23 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

+1 on what ffingers said! if you TRY to compensate for it.....you'll find you and you're bike dancing around more than you were to begin w/!

Old 07-03-2007, 04:37 PM

ok, that makes me feel better. Must be just one of themany mental factors you encounter as a new rider....

Old 07-03-2007, 04:38 PM

when it gets too gnarly i just go into a tuck. laying on the tank brings the effect down quite a bit for me.

Old 07-03-2007, 04:42 PM
Registered Users

equan....oh yeah don't worry about it...i started riding back in september and i am only now getting really used to what the bike throws at me...

my bike feels squirly in heavy wind, flying by a big semi, on bridges that have like grating, etc.....but the thing you have to remember is that the bike is NOT going to just come out from under you....now if you try and "fix" the squirliness it might...just ride through it....once you do it a few times, you'll notice the bike never really moved just sort of felt like it...then you won't even think about it and you will become a much more confident rider...

happy ridin...be safe!

Old 07-03-2007, 06:00 PM

you are not riding fast enough. seriously but in a windy situation i power through. i try to catch the draft, lean into it and accel

Old 07-03-2007, 06:24 PM

ORIGINAL: alekinci

you are not riding fast enough. seriously but in a windy situation i power through. i try to catch the draft, lean into it and accel
so if you are travelling north and the wind is blowing westernly how would you compensate then?

Old 07-03-2007, 06:31 PM

ORIGINAL: 600f4i_blackout
ORIGINAL: alekinci
so if you are travelling north and the wind is blowing westernly how would you compensate then?
i would lean into it and accelerate. if its directly pushing directly into your side, I counter weight toward that direction and still accel.
my point is, that the faster you go the more momentum you have and whatever the obstacle may be it will need to do more to derail you from your path.

Quick Reply: wind