F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Why me ?? AARGH !!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2007, 09:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Why me ?? AARGH !!!!!!!!

dude thats messed up and as far as scratchesd go ,,the dude who owned my bike before i did laid her down pretty good its got scratches all over the frame,the front brake lever is broke off, it broke one of the front signals so he took both off and the gas tank has a few dents ..tell ya what that thing rides good and smooth and str8 all i can ask for ...as far as them totaling it doubt it i got a loan to cover it

Old 08-19-2007, 10:23 PM

I know how you feel!! same thing happened to me. i dont have full coverage though!! [:@] I bet it was someone trying to steal it and when they realized they couldnt they rammed it!! Good luck with it !!!

Old 08-20-2007, 08:38 AM

I thought it was 50% of a bikes price it is considerd totaled (any type of car,t ruck,) Doesnt make sense for an insurance company to pay 10,000 dollars for repairs on a 20000 kbb price of anything in my opinion.

Old 08-20-2007, 09:26 AM

Maybe I missed it but what was the final outcome from the lady that hit your bike in the parking lot?

Old 08-20-2007, 10:48 AM

I had a simliar incident that I discussed here before (parked between two cars, someone backed into it and drove off, no info, nuthin).

I have full coverage and it fell under uninsured motorist protection. I ended up with practically a brand new bike for $200 bucks..

Yeah... people suck, hope everything works out

Old 08-21-2007, 10:37 PM

ORIGINAL: zorgen

Maybe I missed it but what was the final outcome from the lady that hit your bike in the parking lot?
I had full coverage so state farm paid for it all minus $500 deductible. The total damages for that were about $2100. I still haven't received my deductible back since state farm is trying to get the lady pay for the damages.

The estimate for this time around is about $5000 mostly cosmetic. The guys at the shop tell me that the nada value for the f4i is about $7300 & if the insurance wants to total the bike then they might be able to give me a discount to avoid being totalled. Lets see...

Old 08-31-2007, 12:15 PM

Alrite, most of the damage to the bike is cosmetic & the insurance has sent out a check in the amount of $4800+ to get it fixed. I'll pick her up this evening.

Since I seem to be having bad-luck with my bike in parking lots I've decided not to fix it & instead use the money to pay off some of the loan & buy some good gear. I'm also getting frame sliders & a rear stand.

The only thing bothering me is, should I get the tank replaced since it has a dent in it. The guys at the shop tell me not to since it's not deep. I guess I could simply use touch-up paint for it.

Old 09-01-2007, 04:40 AM

Could someone explain the scratch in the frame and totaling the bike issue a little more to me? Someone is selling me a f4i and its salveged because of a scratch in the frame. Are they pulling my leg? Or is it possible

Old 09-01-2007, 08:45 AM

KILL, KILL, KILL!!!![:@]
my advise!

Old 09-02-2007, 06:45 PM

ORIGINAL: trafficsucks

Could someone explain the scratch in the frame and totaling the bike issue a little more to me? Someone is selling me a f4i and its salveged because of a scratch in the frame. Are they pulling my leg? Or is it possible
I've been told that scratching the frame totals the bike. I don't know this for a fact. As far as my bike goes, the scratch is not on the frame but on the swingarm & it runs fine. Did a nice run upto 120 & it runs straight as ever.

I say start a new thread, you'll probably get more feedback.