F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Why me ?? AARGH !!!!!!!!

Old 08-17-2007, 08:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why me ?? AARGH !!!!!!!!

Come home from work & my baby's lying on it's side. Why, f****** why !!!!!!!

I park my bike in the basement in the remotest corner where everybody knows out of courtesy not to park cause I'll get my cage there to block it off. Just yesterday & today I had to cage it to work cause I was feeling sick & this is what happens. A perfectly good bike, taken good care of, one owner, never put it down myself(somebody else did last year) & once again someone has to knock it over. Last year a lady knocked it at work, here's a link from our local forums from that time - http://dfwsportbike.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9403

About 8500 miles of some serious riding & I never laid her down & then some **** has to knock it over. Whoever did this never left any contact details so it's pretty much a hit n run. Called my insurance & reported it, called up the PD to report, nobody's called yet. Will get her towed in tomorrow.

Pics here - http://s238.photobucket.com/albums/f...es30/?start=20
click on page 1 of the link to see more. What you see at the link is what I saw when I came home, aargh [sm=icon_flaming.gif]

Here's a list I could tell from a visual inspection
[ul][*]Someone probably knocked the rear, I can tell scuff marks on the rear tire[*]The bike was moved forward cause the red bar/beam/pillar/whatever on the left(in the pics) is generally towards the front of my bike[*]The frame's got a nice deep scratch on it,[sm=headbang.gif][*]The chain guard is busted[*]Scratches on the all the fairings[*]Dent in the tank[*]Some indicators are broken[*]The fork looks bent[*]The front discs seem to be messed up or the pads could be out of line[*]The pipe seems to be broken under the fairings
[/ul]It was a pain to pick her up, I had to move her while it was down & I could hear the pipe go scratch-scratch... [sm=smiley19.gif] this sux, hope by monday I get a report on her health.

Off to check her out, again...

Old 08-17-2007, 08:48 PM
Default RE: Why me ?? AARGH !!!!!!!!

dude, that bike was more than just tipped over, somebody had to have rammed that from the back at a pretty good speed.
you got damage on both sides of the bike, so it had to be hit hard enough to hit the wall, then fall over on the right side.

that pic of the chain, kickstand area is confusing to me. one, the exhaust is not supposed to be on that side, something is seriously fubared.
plus, is it just me or is the chain sideways?. You sure the forks are bent?

you **** off someone lately, like a girlfriend, because that wasnt somebody just accidentally backing into your bike, that took some energy

Old 08-17-2007, 09:11 PM

ORIGINAL: krash
that pic of the chain, kickstand area is confusing to me. one, the exhaust is not supposed to be on that side, something is seriously fubared.
plus, is it just me or is the chain sideways?. You sure the forks are bent?
In the chain, kickstand area pic the exhaust is on the other side, I took it from the top while it was still down. I'll check the chain once I go down again. As far the forks go, it just seems that it's bent when I look at it.

dude, that bike was more than just tipped over, somebody had to have rammed that from the back at a pretty good speed.
you got damage on both sides of the bike, so it had to be hit hard enough to hit the wall, then fall over on the right side.
The most puzzling part is I expected that the damage on the right to have involved the throttle end weights in some major way, & the pipe should've been messed up big time, but they aren't, they've just got scratches, & a broken indicator

you **** off someone lately, like a girlfriend, because that wasnt somebody just accidentally backing into your bike, that took some energy
I don't have a girlfriend & I don't think my wife would do that cause we've got a pretty stable relationship.

Old 08-17-2007, 09:13 PM
Retired Administrator

WTF!!!!

I don't know how I'd react to this.

Old 08-17-2007, 09:30 PM

[/quote]

I don't have a girlfriend & I don't think my wife would do that cause we've got a pretty stable relationship.

[/quote]

ohh come on, your just covering yourself. sounds to me like your wife found out about your girlfriend.

Old 08-17-2007, 09:38 PM

i'm pissed just reading this[sm=sorry.gif]

Old 08-17-2007, 11:55 PM

Before you send out the broken arrow command..... first, was your bike knocked over from a parked position? If it was or wasn't and you don't have cracked fairings and nothing is penetrated through the engine, then your damage is not asbad as you may think. As faras your scratches are concerned if it can't be dealt with by a simonizing compound then learn to live withit.you can either leave them,I always saythat defines your ownership and at the same time adds character to the bike, or..... find a race sticker kit and cover it up. If you don't KNOW anyone in the fiberglass repairfield, then you better have a good bank account rolling. I know of one if your interested. 2, check your forks aren't really off centeredwith respect to the triple trees, those bastards can take a decent hit providing it's not head on.As for your lights, replaceable. Chain gaurd, replaceable. Other than if you have no leaks and the electrical is sound then continue to enjoy your ride.I normally send my bike in after any hit that caused $200 or greater indamage and just get it over looked from tire to tire, that's just me and myparanoid side as well as my desire to live and ride safely, I ride hard..lol. Now, I'm no mechanic i'm just a 39 y/o sport bike rider with 18yrs on them from Suzuki to Kawi to Honda, and 7 broken bones from them. Hope this helps. It's all gonna be alright.

Old 08-18-2007, 12:20 AM

My only major concern is the frame since it has a deep scratch in it, the rest is fine I can live with it but I'm mad really really mad.

I recollect someone telling me that having a scratch in your frame automatically makes it totalled, does anybody know if thats the case. And what are my options for getting the frame tested for it's worthiness

Old 08-18-2007, 04:20 PM

a scratch in your frame does not total the bike. a crack in your frame may.

they will add up the cost and labor to replace any parts that have been damaged, fairings, chaing gaurds, lights, forks if needed, whatever, and if it
equals70% (i think) of the blue book on the bike, then its considered totaled.

Old 08-18-2007, 04:47 PM

at first i thought it was just punk kids just pushed it over, but yeah - someone rammed the sh*t out of your bike.. dude, i'm so sorry about your bike man - i hope the insurance pays for it and is there any kind of survi camera's in the basement? would be a good idea to ask to maybe find out.. they usually hold tapes for about 2 weeks or so..

i hope everything works out and your bike isnt totaled from a scratch on the frame.

Search this Thread