F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Why did you choose F4i over RR?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 01:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Why did you choose F4i over RR?

i got my bike because well i knew nothing about them and they only have gotten 1 06 f4i and a used 03 RR and i picked the new one with no miles on it back in 05 so meh it worked out okay!

Old 09-06-2007, 04:12 PM

I actually started riding on a 2003 Kawi zx6r 636. I HATED that bike, way too stiff, extremely uncomfortable, and highly prone to headshakes!
Got rid of it, and founda great deal on a mint 2001 F4i. I like the F4i for the following reasons:

1. Comfy
2. HAS A TRUNK!! (cant beat holding 2 bottles of water, cigrettes, and a cell phone)!! [sm=happy046.gif]
3. great all around performer, be it in the twisties or on the track. Feels great and easy to handle.
4. a bit more economical compared to other popular models.

Only minuses are:
1. Annoying hand numbing vibrations at the handle bars
2. CCT buzz.

Old 09-10-2007, 12:04 AM

I was really just up for anything i could afford....any make as well. And a Fantastic deal came up with an 02 F4i that had only 3500 miles. (the one i bought!) and now it has 4300 miles. Love the yellow and black scheme on any bike,but this one really shined! Couldnt help it, dont regret it, absolutely love it.[sm=wootwoot.gif]

Old 09-10-2007, 04:05 PM

i rode a yamaha fz1 before my f4i, i got the cbr for two reasons... 1 being fuel injection and 2 the fact that they are known to have a very broad wheelie balancing point. its my first honda motorcycle, and so far i love it, i have put almost 6,000 miles on since memorial day.

Old 09-10-2007, 05:04 PM

ORIGINAL: BoRkA

2. HAS A TRUNK!! (cant beat holding 2 bottles of water, cigrettes, and a cell phone)!! [sm=happy046.gif]
holy crap! that's a lot of space. i haven't even tested putting that many things in the trunk of my f4i. but now i can't being that i just recently installed the fender eliminator kit it takes all that space out. i could barely just fit the manual in there.

Old 09-10-2007, 08:48 PM

this poll is bogus!!!!!!!! how many of you test rode the RR before buying your F4i????????? Im betting that many of you did not, and you guys found this comfort fact way after you bought the cheaper bike...

Old 09-11-2007, 02:51 PM

ORIGINAL: alekinci

this poll is bogus!!!!!!!! how many of you test rode the RR before buying your F4i????????? Im betting that many of you did not, and you guys found this comfort fact way after you bought the cheaper bike...

[sm=laughat.gif]
your *** just hurts from the RR lol Just kidding, my brother and friend both have red 600RR's.....rode them lots, it felt likei was leaned over WAY too much, painfully soo.enough to know that, not only could i not get the same bike as my brother,(sibling rivalry)but i wanted something....different.I personally like the 01-03 f4i over the RR.I like mine more than my brothers.

Now, if it were between a banana seat f4i and an RR, i'd take the RR, gotta have the double seat. But, IMO, i have the best of both worlds. Comfort, and i prefer the f4i's style over the current RR. Now the new RR's however.....[sm=drooldude.gif]

Old 09-11-2007, 03:25 PM

how many of you test rode the RR before buying your F4i???
Um...me. Don't get me wrong...i love the RR. But not enough to spend several thousand more over my F4i. It's not like i can't spend the money...i just don't think it's worth it. Now maybe if i started riding on the track and got some skilz i might feel different, but it's just not for me right now. Or if i could have two bikes, one for commuting and another for sport riding. Of course then i'd probably get the Daytona 675 instead...

Old 09-11-2007, 07:58 PM

I have a 06 blue/yellow 1000rr which i love, newbie wife has 06 F4i. i love the change of pace and take her bike every once in a while. very light and nimble and comfy. its been the perfect ride for her to learn on and shes doing quite well 600 miles later. would recommend to anyone who wants a well rounded bike

Old 09-11-2007, 08:49 PM

most of those actually

it is my first bike, i heard it was more newbie friendly
more comfortable, as i like doing longer trips and would like to road trip on it one day
cheaper
plus i was NOT feelin the tribal

Quick Reply: Why did you choose F4i over RR?