F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Who Wears Riding Boots?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 12:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who Wears Riding Boots?

So I just recently bought myself a pair of riding boots. I've been riding with my regular shoes for a while now and I felt that boots would be something safer to ride in. Might I add it's hard to feel the shifter in these things so it's going to take some getting used to. Out of curiosity, are riding boots worth it? Saftey wise and everything else?

Old 07-10-2007, 12:50 AM
Default RE: Who Wears Riding Boots?

Yeah after regular shoes it is really hard to feel that lever, first time I was really disappointed about that. But after couple of weeks you will start to feel it just as good as before.

Old 07-10-2007, 01:33 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You'll aclimate... not knowing what kind of boots you...enginier or corsa's, any boots are a step in the right direction. My Sidi's... vert's and corsa's, alow me to ride better by being designed ,to do there job well... not bulky, sliders and armour in the right places, adjustibitity, in the fit, w/ the corsas. Even lace up loggers give great crash protection, enginiers give my the impresion, they could fling off, at the most needed time. Wear 'em... they will some be amongst your best friends.
Free and clean, Ripp'n

Old 07-10-2007, 08:25 AM
Registered Users

Take a look at a guy's foot/ankle or whatever is left of it after a lowside and you won't even have to ask if riding boots are a good thing. Everyone should be wearing them.

Old 07-10-2007, 08:31 AM

yeah, just takes some getting used to, shouldn't take long before they start feeling better than regular shoes
I wound up with 2 pairs of Sidi Vertigo Corsas that have a damaged spot on the soles from racing (foot peg punctures the soles of boots after a while), so I wear them on the street and they are a LOT better than street shoes for me

I just had to buy a new pair for racing and wore them on a ride with friends Sunday to break them in. I noticed that it does take some time riding to get them broken in and feeling right, they're a little stiff at first so you can't feel too much but that went away after 30 minutes or so of riding. Now they're ready to rock and feel just as good as the ones I've been wearing for a year (without the whole in the soles lol)

Old 07-10-2007, 09:39 AM
Retired Moderator

I hated my boots when I first got them (used to wear combat type boots). Now I really like them. They make me stand 2" taller also...I feel studly when I walk around in them.

Old 07-10-2007, 09:54 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: voodoochyl

I hated my boots when I first got them (used to wear combat type boots).
wow...i would never have expected that...thought you'd buy these cause you're a lover and not a fighter.

Old 07-10-2007, 10:13 AM
Retired Moderator

Dude...those boots are soooo gay!!! I'd never wear those. What kind of self respecting man wears pink? These are what I'm rockin'...

Old 07-10-2007, 10:22 AM

Sweet boots son.

Old 07-10-2007, 11:15 AM
IDL

After I got T-Boned and the offending car rammed my foot with her bumper I told myself I have to get boots for safety reasons cause my foot got crushed a bit and it hurt like a bitch. When I slid to a stop one of my shoes had fallen off completely so that was pretty useless.

Anyways, I got me a pair of boots and I haven't looked back. I even got a pair that I can wear to work! They aren't pro racing boots or anything but I love the way I can shift with a flick of my toe. Way better
Wore normal shoes the other day and it sucked.

So it's not just safety for me, it also is better for shifting

Quick Reply: Who Wears Riding Boots?