F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Who has a corbin seat?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 06:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who has a corbin seat?

Was wondering if anyone has had a corbin seat on their F4i! How did you like it? How did it change things as far as the ride goes? Any differences in body positioning? Did it make you sit higher at all for a more aggressive body posture with more weight leaned forward? Any comments appreciated.
________
Washington medical marijuana dispensaries

Last edited by F4iMane; 09-09-2011 at 06:07 AM.
Old 02-02-2009, 06:39 PM

The corbin seat looks like you cant move up to a position where your right up on the tank. Thats how I ususally ride to get that locked on feel. I wonder how possibly not having the option changes the ride?

http://www.corbin.com/honda/cbrf4i.shtml
________
AlisAxx cam

Last edited by F4iMane; 09-09-2011 at 06:08 AM.
Old 02-03-2009, 12:26 AM
July 2008 ROTM

I've got the Corbin. Here's some of my thoughts.

- Looks great. Doesn't fit as well as stock, but well enough.
- Very excellent for city driving. Very comfortable, keeps your butt in the same position most of the time. It is slightly harder than stock, but with the position it puts you in, you don't notice (at least I don't).
- If you want the ability to scoot up some, you can. Bumps and such will naturally cause you to slide back down, but readjusting doesn't take much.
- Riding position is barely different, if at all. But then I didn't ride the tank either.
- Not recommended for track days or twisty sessions. You can't slide, so you have to physically lift your butt up in order to adjust body positioning to either side.

My recommendation: Get one if you do a lot of city cruising and would like some added comfort, and keep your stock seat for those track days and mountain runs.

Old 02-03-2009, 07:54 AM

^+1 everything he said.

Old 02-03-2009, 08:28 AM

Interesting. Do they make a Corbin banana seat?

Old 02-03-2009, 09:25 AM

I have a Corbin on my 03 F4I.

Seat is slippery when it's cold out and I'm wearing my textile pants. I'm talking like below freezing. On normal days like 65+ no big deal. I have carbon fiber looking desgins on my. Black with black seams.

Very comfortable. Like the *** grove worn in on your favorite spot on the couch.

I've never had a track day with my bike so I can't comment to that, but for all the in town and highway driving I like the Corbin better than the stock.

Price wise you pay a lot more for some added comfort. Would I pay to replace a prefectly good seat. Probably not.

Old 02-03-2009, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by Aken
I've got the Corbin. Here's some of my thoughts.

- Looks great. Doesn't fit as well as stock, but well enough.
- Very excellent for city driving. Very comfortable, keeps your butt in the same position most of the time. It is slightly harder than stock, but with the position it puts you in, you don't notice (at least I don't).
- If you want the ability to scoot up some, you can. Bumps and such will naturally cause you to slide back down, but readjusting doesn't take much.
- Riding position is barely different, if at all. But then I didn't ride the tank either.
- Not recommended for track days or twisty sessions. You can't slide, so you have to physically lift your butt up in order to adjust body positioning to either side.

My recommendation: Get one if you do a lot of city cruising and would like some added comfort, and keep your stock seat for those track days and mountain runs.

Thanks for all the details. being that you mention that it doesnt really change riding position barely if at all and you also bring up a excellent point about not being able to slide left to right for track days I think I will pass on a $260 seat then. I am trying to change the riding position on my bike for track days and aggressive riding. The F4i seat sits a little low. If I could raise the seat like 2 inches that would lean me forward, right? Corbin seat is out though. Thanks
________
Vaporizer Extreme

Last edited by F4iMane; 09-09-2011 at 06:08 AM.
Old 02-03-2009, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by cfendrick
I have a Corbin on my 03 F4I.

Seat is slippery when it's cold out and I'm wearing my textile pants. I'm talking like below freezing. On normal days like 65+ no big deal. I have carbon fiber looking desgins on my. Black with black seams.

Very comfortable. Like the *** grove worn in on your favorite spot on the couch.

I've never had a track day with my bike so I can't comment to that, but for all the in town and highway driving I like the Corbin better than the stock.

Price wise you pay a lot more for some added comfort. Would I pay to replace a prefectly good seat. Probably not.

"like the *** grove worn in on your favorite spot on the couch" haha I had to laugh at that
________
Medical Marijuana +Dispensaries And Lounges

Last edited by F4iMane; 09-09-2011 at 06:09 AM.
Old 02-03-2009, 12:39 PM

Bought mine off a forum member last year. For long distances it made a welcome difference. With the stock seat I had to hobble off the bike and lay face down for a few minutes until my butt and back started to work again. With the corbin those problems were gone. It didn't look like much when I got it but I guess its the shape and width that makes all the difference.

Old 02-03-2009, 02:27 PM

If you want a more forward position you could either add padding to the seat or just sit your butt back further and lay down.

Quick Reply: Who has a corbin seat?