F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Who does kickstand spins?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2014, 02:54 PM
Senior Member & Lord of The Man Cave
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by theadamie
Any reason not to do this?
Yes. the sidestand was designed to keep the bike from falling over, not to support all 400+ lbs. It's your bike but I'll never do it.

Old 03-25-2014, 04:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RoadiJeff
Yes. the sidestand was designed to keep the bike from falling over, not to support all 400+ lbs. It's your bike but I'll never do it.
Pretty much my thought. Regardless of how many peeps online tell you how they've done it with every bike they've ever owned without fail, you're still the one without a bike if that frame buckles.

Edit- I've never heard of this actually happening(though I know close to nobody that uses this method) so I did a quick Google search and came up with a pretty active thread on "pivoting on the side stand" on gixxer.com. I'm not sure the policy on linking the thread, so I'll let you search for it. In a nutshell, most do it on a regular basis without fail, some will never do it for fear of damaging the frame, one person claimed they had a stand actually buckle on them, another says he's seen a frame snap. Sooo....roll the dice I guess

Old 03-26-2014, 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by singram
Pretty much my thought. Regardless of how many peeps online tell you how they've done it with every bike they've ever owned without fail, you're still the one without a bike if that frame buckles.

Edit- I've never heard of this actually happening(though I know close to nobody that uses this method) so I did a quick Google search and came up with a pretty active thread on "pivoting on the side stand" on gixxer.com. I'm not sure the policy on linking the thread, so I'll let you search for it. In a nutshell, most do it on a regular basis without fail, some will never do it for fear of damaging the frame, one person claimed they had a stand actually buckle on them, another says he's seen a frame snap. Sooo....roll the dice I guess
Well I'm sure we all know how those GSXRs are built... ride red! Frame snapping? I can believe the stand giving but the weak frame screams Suzuki haha! Nice research tho singram can't help but bash Ol yellow lol

Old 03-26-2014, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by ColoradoF4I
Well I'm sure we all know how those GSXRs are built... ride red! Frame snapping? I can believe the stand giving but the weak frame screams Suzuki haha! Nice research tho singram can't help but bash Ol yellow lol
I don't know much about Suzukis or their gsxrs, but are they really that bad? Do they not hold up very long? I respect Suzuki for being the one brand not to make their sport bikes look retarded this generation.

The 08+ fireblade is growing on me, but I still think the older ones looked better. The new one reminds me of a squirrel's face...

The new 600RRs are just okay,

The ninjas look like the hunchback of notre dame:

The Yamahas look like something that fell out of a spaceship after the spaceship was impregnated by it's alien pilot's alien juice.

BMW is bursting at the seams with so much wild, untamed derp:

And the GSXR looks beautiful with more classic lines and a noticeable lack of stupid.

I love Honda and my beautiful F4i, and I would probably get the new fireblade if I ever got a new bike, but I can't wait for this generation to be over. These bikes look like they tried waaaay to hard to push the aggressive look, or squirrel look in Honda's case.

Last edited by theadamie; 03-26-2014 at 12:36 PM.
Old 03-26-2014, 03:26 PM
Welcome Crew Technician
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think the suzuki opinion is pretty much wrong.

In 2011 the Gsxr 6th gen was rated as one of the best motocycles of all time by Cycle world. It has one numerous championships. Constantly wins shootouts.

I mean liking Honda is one thing, bashing another brand because you like a different one is pretty ignorant imho.

-Poss

Old 03-26-2014, 05:34 PM
Super Moderator
Received 311 Likes on 255 Posts

Originally Posted by PossibleF4I

In 2011 the Gsxr 6th gen was rated as one of the best motocycles of all time by Cycle world. It has one numerous championships. Constantly wins shootouts.

I mean liking Honda is one thing, bashing another brand because you like a different one is pretty ignorant imho.

-Poss
Folks on here bash Harley's all the time. Not any different if you ask me.

Old 03-26-2014, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by PossibleF4I

-Poss
I've never ridden one, but I 'd like to. I heard they had a lot of electrical issues that were expensive. Have you heard that? What I like about Honda is the low maintenance, and bulletproof-ness lol.

Old 03-26-2014, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by hamlin6
hehehe, a little different

Old 03-28-2014, 12:42 AM

Originally Posted by hamlin6

Don't get me wrong y'all I am aware of the street bike world and the accomplishments of the different makes and I'm not strickly hating Suzuki (I own a 89 gsx600f and she gives me headaches) but all brands have some minor flaws and some major pros.
I have always been a fan of different bikes like the triumph daytona 675, BMW S 1000 RR, KTM RC8, and the new r1s look pretty slick.

I just found humor in the fact people are telling kickstand horror stories like that on the gixxer forum. Just a proud honda rider!

Old 03-28-2014, 02:42 AM
Registered Users

I also do it everyday. its all about balance points...and the f4i is notorious for awesome balance points

Quick Reply: Who does kickstand spins?