F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Where to get some parts...

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2011, 12:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have replaced some of my fairing bolts and have some left over if i had a pic of what you need i might have them...
when i got my bike it had K&N filter and two bro's exhaust with no power commander and it ran just fine... i did end up getting one but it didn't change that much..barly even noticed...i still haven't got custom map done but she runs great so not sure if i really want to...i would honestly get the K&N just for the fact that you will never have to buy another one...
yeah if you can take the wheels off your self i would do that.. just about any tire shop can mount it..but you will have to take it to bike shop to get it balanced..have had a few guy's say they don't balance them..it is really up to you..i would just because i don't want any reason for a vibration...

Last edited by crazychris1981; 02-11-2011 at 12:16 PM.
Old 02-11-2011, 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by crazychris1981
i have replaced some of my fairing bolts and have some left over if i had a pic of what you need i might have them...
when i got my bike it had K&N filter and two bro's exhaust with no power commander and it ran just fine... i did end up getting one but it didn't change that much..barly even noticed...i still haven't got custom map done but she runs great so not sure if i really want to...i would honestly get the K&N just for the fact that you will never have to buy another one...
yeah if you can take the wheels off your self i would do that.. just about any tire shop can mount it..but you will have to take it to bike shop to get it balanced..have had a few guy's say they don't balance them..it is really up to you..i would just because i don't want any reason for a vibration...
http://cheapcycleparts.com/model_yea...semblies/13323
i need bolt #5 off of this, and probably the #6 and #8, i havent paid attention but i'd imagine that those have fallen out at some point.

http://cheapcycleparts.com/model_yea...semblies/14446
and #2 off of here, which i think is the same as #5 off the other page

and yea i may go with the k&n, ill just have to figure out what they total with shipping, and what the difference is. i doubt ill still have this bike in 12,000 mi so even with the oem i likely wont need to change it again.

does "balance the tires" just mean to get them in the middle and lined straight in the middle, as far as angle goes? like i said ive had the back tire off probably 2 or 3 times and never had any issues, so i'd imagine it'd be fine if i just did it. if i dont have any vibration then it's ok, right?

Last edited by G3NESYS; 02-11-2011 at 09:51 PM.
Old 02-12-2011, 12:18 PM

i will check tonight but i an pretty sure i have those bolts...as for the #6 &#8 i know i don't have those extra...
every tire and wheel has a high and low spot on them,or heavy and light spot..more rubber in one spot than the other...etc... what balancing does is put the right weight on the opposite side of the heavy spot, so that it it even and wont wobble at high speeds... the more true spinning a wheel and tire is the less chance of wobble it will have at any speed.. if you do a lot of highway riding i would have them balanced, if you don't get above say 40mph or you stunt a lot there is no need..

Old 02-12-2011, 04:02 PM

ok thanks.
so the balancing would be when they mount the tires to the rim, not the rim onto the bike right?

they put the high spot of the tire, to the low spot of the rim, and vice versa, right?
so when i put it on the bike i can just do it how i usually do?

right now i dont do alot of highway riding, but i do go over 40 quiet often, i do about 40 to work, and alot of the roads the cruising speed is 50-60.

Old 02-14-2011, 07:43 PM

after they put the tires on your wheels that is when they will need to be balanced..
with out dismounting and mounting the tire several times it is about impossible to get the high and low spots to be perfect, thats why you have your tires and wheels balanced...what they do is spin it on a machine that can tell where these spots are. then the add stick on wheel weights where they are needed to BALANCE the tire to the wheel..
i mounted my tires my self and took them to bike shop and had them balances for $10, the guy even spun it on a wheel true machine ( to make sure the wheels were strait).. if you ask me it is well worth the $10...but like i said it is personal preference...

Old 02-14-2011, 08:48 PM

yea well i cant mount them so ill def have them mount and balance, i just wanted to make sure there wasnt a reason to have them put them on the bike, because that adds $70 to labor automatically

also, any word on those bolts?

Old 02-15-2011, 11:17 AM

yes i do have the bolts..you just need those 3 right? 2 for front fender and 1 for tail fairing?

Old 02-15-2011, 05:02 PM

yea exactly, thanks alot bro
theyre just 6mm bolts right? ill just wait and then take them to the hardware store and get a lock washer and nut for them so i dont have to track down the little rummer washer and things as well

thanks again

Old 02-19-2011, 02:54 PM

ok. i was getting ready to order everything and just realized that #4 on this http://cheapcycleparts.com/model_yea...semblies/13310 is only the cct itself

do i need the whole assembly. do i need to order #4, 5, 8, 13, 14, and 16?

e2a: also, what kind of chain cleaner/lub do you guys use? i was going to go ahead and order some from one of the sites i'm already getting something from. on cheapcycle parts they have a few Motorex sets, with the cleaner, aerosol lube, and wax lube? is this stuff any good?

Last edited by G3NESYS; 02-19-2011 at 03:32 PM.
Old 02-19-2011, 05:56 PM

when i got mine from the dealer they ordered #4,5,13,and 2-#14..you more than likely wont need the bolts as long as yours are still good and not striped...i clean my chain with wd40 then aerosol chain lube...i get mine at walmart..i don't see spending twice the price for lube..if you clean it regularly it shouldn't be a problem...but what do i know i have only been riding 5 years...

you still want those bolts?

Quick Reply: Where to get some parts...