F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Where to get some parts...

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2011, 07:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to get some parts...

Hi guys, been a while since ive been on. i was considering selling the f4i last year because my bad back and everything, but decided i dont really want to be without my bike. so with that, means it needs some work over the winter. overall i need: both tires, front rotors, cct (or cctl i still get confused reading that rattling thread) air filter, and spark plugs.

i can handle the tires locally, but i know that my local shop will be busting heads on the other parts.

i especially would like some help on finding the rotors. the cheapest i can find them new is $130, is this about as good as it gets or does anyone have any other sources?

also, any where cheaper for the other parts would be nice also, especially on which brands you would recommend.

thanks

Old 01-31-2011, 08:48 PM
October 2011 ROTM

For the rotors are you looking for front or rear or both. If you found both fronts for $130 where was that at? OEM fronts go for $285 each. As for the CCTL personally I would just get a OEM one and be done. I know a lot of people on here praise the APE manual ones and I bet that they work good but I would rather not adjust it. For the air filter depends if you want stock, K&N or BMC

Old 01-31-2011, 09:23 PM

I have a set of these rotors for sale. $100 takes them. They feel great to me. Not warped or anything. I have about 500ish miles on them and they look brand new to me. Felt better than OEM.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FRONT...Q5fAccessories

Also I have a like new K&N Air filter for sale. It has about 5 track days on it so its like brand new. Reason Im not using is i found I make more power with this BMC Race filter I got for free.

$150shipped for both and they are yours... I can send pictures if you want

Last edited by skameigh; 01-31-2011 at 09:39 PM.
Old 01-31-2011, 09:26 PM

checkout www.cheapcycleparts.com for the cctl... Buy OEM, if it fails, you can always do the bolt mod like I did and convert it into a manual

Old 02-02-2011, 02:53 PM

yea i need front only, and the ones skameigh linked to were the ones i was refering to as the only ones i can find. with the air filter ill proba just go whatever is cheapest. the k&n are lifetime tho arent they? ill have to do some more research for the airfilter to decide exactly what i want, but if its not much more ill prob go KN. also, what about spark plugs? ive heard alot about NGK but is there a specific kind?

and skameigh, ill get back to you, doesnt sound like a bad deal im just nervous about buying used rotors. you can hear mine now when im pulling in somewhere, you can hear the pads hitting what im assuming is the warped part of the rotor and it sounds bad. i just want to make sure not to get anything that may have imperfections and cause that sound

also, is there something you dont like about the rotors to be selling them after only 500 miles?

o yea one more thing, where cani find the size of the bolts for various parts of the bike? i need the bolt for the right side of the front fender, and one that goes on the right side of the tail section plastic, right inside your knee

Last edited by G3NESYS; 02-02-2011 at 03:05 PM.
Old 02-07-2011, 10:06 PM

ok, i found the answer to my question about the bolts on cheapcycleparts. i would need #5 on here http://cheapcycleparts.com/model_yea...semblies/13323
question is, it says # required per assembly : 3, does this mean if i order this its 3 - 6mm bolts? or does that mean it will come w parts #8 and #6 also?
i also need the 6mm bolt for the front of the rear cowl (which i think is the same bolt)

also, what spark plugs do i need? r these the right ones?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1-NGK...Q5fAccessories

or is there other cheaper ones?
thanks

Old 02-10-2011, 04:43 PM

need some input guys, ive basically found everything else. they have the oem air filter on cheapcycle parts, i dont know how i kept missing it.

so basically im getting the parts from:
CCTL : $60, cheapcyleparts
Air Filter : $35, cheapcycleparts
Tires : $221, motorcyclesuperstore
Coolant : Engine Ice, $22, motorcyclesuperstore
Rotors : $130, Probably ebay, not sure about this yet, i would like to see if i can find reviews or anyone else with experience on the rotors. also skameigh, if you read this post again, would you mind telling me why youre selling them with only 500mi on them. was there something you didnt like about them?
Spark Plugs : $45, NGK IMR9A-9H, probably ebay as well, $46 for all 4 is about the cheapest ive found so far

i added the coolant to the list, and will prob change the brake fluid as well. ive already found both the write ups for doing those

basically i still have the question about the bolts. i found the Screw site stickied at the top of one of the sections and checked it out, but i only know that the bolts i need are both 6mm. i dont know if they are M5, M6, etc.
does anyone know which bolts i need?

also, any advice as far as if im getting the wrong part, or you know somewhere to find them cheaper please let me know

thanks

Old 02-10-2011, 05:17 PM

Is the air filter price you listed for stock or K&N? I'm assuming K&N but if not, the K&N is only a few bucks more. I got lucky and grabbed a new K&N off eBay for less than $30.

May I ask why you chose that coolant? Personally I just use the cheaper $5 Prestone 50/50.

Old 02-10-2011, 08:51 PM

i always hit up ebay first just to see how cheap stuff is going for and the brands they have... i am going to get the same plugs maybe this summer...has anyone tried the new E3 plugs?
as for the filter check ebay for around $40 you can get a new k&n..better than stock...
the tires your looking at the best place i could find.. i got a set of the pilot road 2 for under $300 shipped.. since i work at a shop i mounted them my self.. had them balanced for $10..
most coolant out now a days will work..the more $$ the better it should work.. it really depends on the riding you do and the climate you are in as to how high of performance you want and need..
and the cct go with stock..unless you just want to adjust it every so often and hope you don't have it to tight...

Last edited by crazychris1981; 02-10-2011 at 08:55 PM.
Old 02-10-2011, 10:52 PM

i was going to go stock air filter just bc i dont have a power commander and i already have the 2bros exhaust. it runs fine now, im sure it could be better but its sufficient for the riding i do. just 10 min to work and around town, sometimes in some curves but nothing i need perfect tuning for. idk how much different the intake is between the two, so i was afraid the combination of both the exhaust and a different air filter would change it too much, maybe not tho.

and i just chose that coolant because i read it on the forum that a decent amt of ppl here use it, and i also wasnt aware that i could use reg 50/50. if i can do that then i'll def go with just 50/50.

yea and i was def happy with the tires. ive had 2 rear pilot power 2cts, both of which i got from the stealership for like $160-$180, before i knew of enough other sources to find better prices.

what needs to be done to balance them? ive had both tires off at different points before and i just put them back on. is that something i should pay a shop to do? also my first tire before i knew enough about the bike i rode the bike to the dealership and bought the tire there, then paid them to change it and it was $70 labor for them to do that whole thing, so i just planned on having them put the tire on the rim then i would put it back on the bike myself. is there more to it than that?
and yea the cct is just the oem one, didnt want to mess with the adjusting it myself and all that either.

also, does anyone have any advice the the 6mm screw situation?
i was also wanting to pick up a haynes manual for the f4i, especially for changing the brake fluid. ive found 2 write ups on here but one doesnt have any pics and hte other has one pick but its just of the resevoir on the handle. thought maybe the haynes manual would have some more pics in it but cant find it through google.

Last edited by G3NESYS; 02-10-2011 at 11:35 PM.

Quick Reply: Where to get some parts...