F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Where To Get Frame Sliders?...

Old 05-29-2009, 01:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where To Get Frame Sliders?...

Hey,
Just Wondering Where And What Brand Of Frame Sliders I Should Get For My 2006 Yellow F4i.

I Herd There Are Ones That I Can Get That Dont Need A Hole In The Fairing.. I Really Dont Trust My Self To Install Them..

The Thing Is I Cant Find Any For The F4i.. Any Site/Dealership That Might Have The Bracket That Will Hole The Slider?..

Also What Brand Should I Go With?

Cheers,

P.S. I Live In Canada B.C. Any Dealers In The Lowermain Land/Fraser Valley?

Old 05-29-2009, 01:46 AM
July 2008 ROTM

You really should avoid no-cut sliders. They will provide very little protection to anything except a non-moving tip over.

Old 05-29-2009, 03:47 AM

Get the sliders where you cut and have someone do it for you or a shop---it's nothing you want to play with since you get but one chance to do it right.

Aken is right, the no-cut sliders simply break off during a moving drop.

Old 05-29-2009, 10:28 AM

1. For brand of slider I like vortex. They fit great and have the replaceable pucks.

2. Do yourself a favor and read the dicussions on no-cuts...Everything about them says don't get them. The damage you could do messing up the cutting of you fairings is easily out weighed by the unnecessary damage that occurs in a lay down with no cuts.

3. There are many ways to do the cuts. I was nervous about doing mine, but I went for it and it ends up looking stock if you take you time and use the right size hole saw and technique. good luck with your search!

Old 05-30-2009, 02:17 PM

hmm ok..

ibiggers how did you find out how to install them.. on this site or in the instructions?...

and should i get extended pucks or just the normal size ones??

cheers,

Old 05-30-2009, 03:47 PM

Stand the bike up. Take off side fairing and point a laser pointer on the bolt where the slider goes. Without moving pointer put fairing back on. The laser pointer is now pointing to the center of your hole you are going to cut with the proper sized (get your sliders first) hole saw. Tape the front of the fairing and cut from the back. You're done.

I bought Shogun sliders. They are about $35 for a set.

Old 05-30-2009, 05:30 PM

That sounds like too much of a hassle with the whole finding the right spot to point the laser and making sure it doesn't move from that spot. Just slap some play-doh on the inside of the fairing and mount it with the bolt on and it will leave an indentation.

Old 05-30-2009, 10:03 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by teko1020
That sounds like too much of a hassle with the whole finding the right spot to point the laser and making sure it doesn't move from that spot. Just slap some play-doh on the inside of the fairing and mount it with the bolt on and it will leave an indentation.
i agree but I appreciate the techy way of doin it tho lol

Old 05-31-2009, 12:18 PM
July 2008 ROTM

Originally Posted by teko1020
This is one of the most accurate ways to do it. Mine were dead on.

If you do the laser method, you HAVE to have the bike on a stand and the laser has to be perfectly perpendicular to the fairing, or your hole will be off. Techy, sure, but a bigger pain IMO.

Old 05-31-2009, 01:22 PM

i would drill with the fairing on the bike. if you drill with the fairing off, you run the risk of the hole being off center by the same amount your bike leans on the kickstand. i was nervous at first, but it worked out allright.

when i got my new bike, i didn't want to drill so i took it to the dealership. it cost me like $80 to have them do it... i couldn't bring myself to drill a bike with 15 miles lol.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Where To Get Frame Sliders?...