F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Wheelies on F4i

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2008, 05:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Wheelies on F4i

Thats what I thought cro but stephens says he does it differently. Just wondered
________
Web shows

Last edited by F4iMane; 09-09-2011 at 05:51 AM.
Old 09-07-2008, 05:18 PM

ORIGINAL: Mwall

ORIGINAL: ReSpEcT

Ok Ok, this is the first ever attempt at a wheelie on the f4i, i swear. Bone stock, nothing but a Jardine slip one exhaust. So Yes, CLUTCH that biatch up and ride it like its meant to be ridden.......Oh yeah and the 2nd video is the first ride on the 636, but it was filmed from the f4i...=-)

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fusea...deoid=37746269

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fusea...deoid=37746628
You're both idiots.
LoL, BOTH....i didnt see anyone else on the bike, LoL.....This is where BOTH comes in play at...=-)

Keep in mind, these are the first ever wheelies. Never ridden wheelies before...=-)

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fusea...deoid=38376280

Old 09-07-2008, 05:51 PM

F4iMane, whatever you feel most comfortable doing is what you should do. If you want to powerband it, then do it. These are the ways we do it. Sometimes I powerband it because my bike has more torque with the -1 sprocket, just a really hard rip on the throttle and the front end will come up. But most of the time I use the clutch.

Old 09-07-2008, 05:58 PM

why do the dudes on the youtube video suggest power wheelies? Alot of people say with the clutch wheelie the front end comes up more viloent. I am new to wheelies and just want to take precautions and start out on the easiest way ya know?

All this feedback is mad appreciated!
________
Bong Pictures

Old 09-07-2008, 06:05 PM

The power wheelie is unpredictable. RPM + speed + throttle....Those have to be the about the same every time for the bike to act the same way it did before. With clutch up's you can change things around and still get the same outcome and sometimes better.....If u pull the clutch, rev the bike to 15K and dump the clutch (will it be violent?). Hell yeah it'll be violent all day long like that....Most of the time you pull clutch, throttle, and ease out of the clutch...This way the bike doesnt just JUMP up and hit you in the head. It slowly comes up depending on how much throttle and if the clucth is dumped or eased out...Once you start getting it to come up, you then start giving it more throttle or u start dumping the clutch more. In this case, it comes up a little faster, but at this time your use to it coming up.....Power wheelies, you CANT predict a damn thing. Except that the wheel is coming up, but u dont know how fast or how far. With the clutch, i can tell you exactly how fast its coming up and right where the BP is.........Learn the clutch up's, cover the REAR brake.....And take it from there.......=-)

PS: Get a pit bike and learn on that.....=-)

Old 09-07-2008, 06:25 PM

i used to be a member of a pro stunt team.. here is my input on this..

if you are a newbie and are learning wheelies.. first off change your clutch out to a barnett. costs about $100 that will save you alot of trouble in the future.. secondly. if you can get ahold of a 50 pitbike then learn the wheelies on it first. you learn balance point and brake control and if you fall you have a shorter distance till you hit the ground.. plus 20mph on a 100lb bike hurts less than 60mph on a 400 lb bike especially if it lands on you lol

but if you cant then try to stay away from power wheelies. always cover the rear brake on anything you do. but in the case of power wheelies it doesnt always help. if you get a power wheelie to high and you freak out, ( which most newbies will do) the reaction you have when falling off is to pull on the handle bars to catch yourself which in turn rolls on more throttle.. resulting in a perfect backflip 10.. 9.5 .. 10 LMAO

thr clutch up method is the easiest and safest way.. but it takes alot of practice as does everything. but my sugesstion to anyone trying would be to find a large empty parking lot to try in.. not the road, and DONT DO IT ALONE. you need someone to pick up the bike and call the ambulance.. HAHA wear all the right gear and dont be a retard as well ..

and when you get it to the balance point for the first time you will know it.. it will scare the **** out of you and it will feel like the bike drops and goes limp so to speak.. best way is to have someone video you so you can see your own mistakes and progress..

Good Luck

and if you happen to be one of the "highway stunters" not telling anyone what to do or not to do.. but use your head and dont be one of the retards doing a 90mph power wheelie through traffic or holding people up.. alot of cagers ( cars ) enjoy watching bikers stunt.. as long as your over in the slow lane not holding anyone up or causing a problem.. trust me there has been some major issues with some horrible endings resulting from exactly that

Old 09-07-2008, 07:00 PM

why dont you just worry about improving your overall riding skills....
all that effort should be used to make yourself a better and safer rider, not some yahoo that wheelies in traffic and then slams on the brakes when he comes up to a red light, im sure you have seen em
or just try to have fun with 2 wheels on the ground i dont think it will be that hard

Old 09-07-2008, 10:07 PM

ORIGINAL: radvoem

why dont you just worry about improving your overall riding skills....
all that effort should be used to make yourself a better and safer rider, not some yahoo that wheelies in traffic and then slams on the brakes when he comes up to a red light, im sure you have seen em
or just try to have fun with 2 wheels on the ground i dont think it will be that hard
Dude you sound grumpy? Go try and rain on someone elses thread.

Only positive feedback is aprreciated.
________
Cheap Condo Pattaya

Old 09-07-2008, 11:19 PM

hey man im just saying what i feel about the topic, and the truth is alot of people would rather try and show off than become a solid rider...
not everyone is this way but where im from its not the case, everyone is a show off and it gives good riders a bad rep
boohoo dude get an umbrella

Old 09-07-2008, 11:39 PM
Cro

They suggest to start with power wheelies ONLY to get the feeling of the wheel off the ground. Good opinion in my mind as well.

about becominga better rider:
I am under the impression that wheelies will make you a better rider. From them my throttle control has become exponentionally greater. I am better with my balance which helps in turns. Overall I am just more comfortable on the bike for daily riding... my .02

Quick Reply: Wheelies on F4i