F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

wheelies

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2006, 08:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wheelies

whats up guys. ive been riding for about 3 weeks and i was wondering if any of you know what the secret to a good wheelie is on a 01 f4i. its pretty suped up. i just barely get it up. i want to know how to be consistent. any help would be great. thanks.

Old 01-13-2006, 08:58 PM
Default RE: wheelies

to do good consistent wheelies is the same way to get to carnegie hall practice, practice, practice. besides if you have only been riding for 3 weeks you should really be working on other things than wheelies, like panic braking and leaning, high speed cornering, but if you want to try them, and if your bike is stock (no change to sprockets) the only way to wheelie your bike is in first or two clutch the bike up in second gear, when you get it up in first your going to run out of gear real fast, second will last a little longer you will have to learn how to shift while up to get any kind of distance out of it, but my suggestion to you is to try to the stuff i mentioned earlier, and just keep trying it will come to you.

Old 01-13-2006, 10:19 PM
Muz

If its your first bike and you've been riding for 3 weeks, don't bother with wheelies or you will end up just as your signature says

Old 01-13-2006, 11:11 PM

good call muz i didn't notice that [sm=happybounce.gif]

Old 01-14-2006, 04:08 AM

i remember when i was at three weeks..... i was still understanding how to really lean the bike..... dude get the lean donw first.....

Old 01-14-2006, 01:08 PM

Wheelies come with time once you have gained great knowledge of how your bike performs then you will learn the wheelies. If you are trying to wheelie with out this knowledge than you will not know what to do when something goes wrong tank slapp or side pulling in the wind. I have seen guys trying to get up on one with out knwledge of what to do when you come down not a pretty sight. Your bike is capable of a lot if you know how to ask for it. I can do stand ups in second with no clutch and clutch bounce in third.
be safe and let time take its course dont cut it short.

Old 01-14-2006, 04:51 PM

That shouldn't be a priority at all to a 3 week rider. How old are you? Trying to impress somebody? You'll look really cool in a wheel chair or body cast, or maybe lose a limb, or disfigure your face. Hate to sound like a jerk or gruesome, but man you gotta be kidding me.

Read this Post. A young friend of mine that had something to prove to somebody. He's lucky he isn't dead, just messed up for a while, and he's arm has a lot of pins and will never be the same. Scarred his face as well.
https://cbrforum.com/m_23810/mpage_1/key_/tm.htm

Wait until you get a better feel. At 3 weeks you might think you're ready, but you're probably not. Wait it out.

But since you asked.. I prefer 1st gear wheelies, depending on how far you want to ride it out. I usually will take it up to 4500 RPM, hit the clutch, and gun it a little, but not too much, let the clutch out, and once the front lifts up, ride it out. You can ride it out up until about 10000 RPMs, then I let it down, so you can get a pretty far ride out of it. Second gear wheelies are better, but I don't really like going that fast on one wheel. At least not yet. And I've been riding for a while.

If you feel the bike coming out from under you, think fast. Let off the gas, and hit the rear brake. This should help bring you back down.

Old 01-15-2006, 12:40 AM

thanks for the help and tips. although ive only been riding for 3 weeks ive already had my bike 145 in5th gear. i do rolling burnouts and stuff. i just cant help it. i love the sound, adrenaline and everything about these bikes. i just want to know how to properly due things right.

Old 01-15-2006, 01:21 AM

you want to Properly "do things right" I suggest taking the MSF riders course....forget the wheelies...learn how to ride your machine b-4 you kill yourself..Being an x-instructor, I dont do wheelies all the time, i will admit first hand, Im scared of doing them. Complacency equals stupidity...remember its a Motorcycle, not a Unicycle..

Old 01-15-2006, 01:48 AM

cbrhomie600 nobody is saying your not a good rider, but just cause u can drive fast, and do a burn out doesn't mean you can do a wheelie, those things your talking about are not things that you really do with talent, it's more of what the bike does (horse power, and straight line acceleration) when you learn your bike. wheelies will come really easy you have to start off small like you are doing already, and slowley as you get the feel for your bike bring it up higher and higher until you get to the balance point where you can keep the bike up without giving it throttle, but just to get to that point you have to learn throttle control, and once your up on one wheel if you make a mistake things can go bad real fast and that's where the throttle control and panic braking i've been trying to tell you about come in to play. so as i said earlier in the post just practice or just go out and 12 o'clock it and total your bike, just think about what your asking and what everyone on here is saying you've been riding for 3 weeks some of the people that have replied have been riding alot longer than u and i know they know what they are talking about, some people have to learn the hard way [sm=outcold.gif]

Quick Reply: wheelies