F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

whats the problem?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 04:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default whats the problem?

whatsup? im new to this forum and i need some help. ive been riding for 3 years now and i got a 2001 cbr600 f4i. its been sitting for a while now and the previous owner didnt drain the gasoline. so i go to start it and its fine. it idles and everything but when you rev it, it just makes this glug..glug noise and dies. whats going on? do i need to replace the spark plugs or clean the fuel injectors? if this is something easily fixed id rather try that than go to a shop and spend a ridiculous amount of money. please offer your expertise..

another forum member suggested adding fuel additives lik seafoam.

so i drained the gas put new stuff in and it still didnt rev. where can i get this sea foam stuff? is it readily available at stores cos i have never heard of it? soo... next im thinkin maybe sparkplugs(they needed to be replaced anyway). i try to do it with the method of removing the radiator. damn.... very tight workspace. i get the radiator off then realized i didnt have the sparkplug wrench which im assuming the previous owner had. i eventually get the plugs out with hella socket extensions.difficult. is there another way to remove the plugs without the SPARKPLUG wrench? do dealerships have those additives for your gas to clean out the fuel injectors? where can i get it from? mann....what could it be? sparkplugs? fuel? fuel injectors?......oil? does anyone suspect this to be a problem common among f4i owners? i seriously dont know where to go from here. need help.

https://cbrforum.com/m_505433/tm.htm