CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   What was your 1st street bike? (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/what-your-1st-street-bike-21633/)

woogie 08-26-2006 04:19 PM

RE: What was your 1st street bike?

I, like many others started on the F4i. I believe it totally depends on the rider as to whether or not a particular bike is dangerous. If you don't have the maturity and good sense to apply the throttle within your abilities and appropriate to traffic/road conditions, then you will probably kill yourself on/in just about any motorized vehicle.

One thing the smaller bikes have going for them is less weight. A low speed mistake can often be saved on a 250cc bike. Making a mistake on an F4i, you had better be fairly big and strong or it's going down - and it's gonna cost you when it does. That said, someone who is cautious and respectful of the bike, it's power and the numerous idiots on the road will likely be OK. That, however, excludes ALOT of people, maybe even most people.

ninetyfivehp 08-26-2006 04:20 PM

first bike was a 96' cr125 then an 00' yz250, then my first street bike was a 98' zx6r;)

DThompson 08-26-2006 04:42 PM

My First was a 97 F3. I bought it because I wanted a CBR 600. I didnt even know other people that had bikes. i just wanted one because i liked bikes and i thought it would be fun to ride. So I guess it didnt have to do with my ego or anything else other than I wanted to have fun.

Scott982 08-28-2006 03:09 AM

My first bike was a 96 zx6 and that was in 97...Then had a acouple gsxr's, a f3 and a sv1000s then got the f4i..

maximus3 08-28-2006 03:15 AM

my first bike was an 00 zx6r ninja it was a nice ride but nothing compare to f4i

charlos 08-28-2006 05:16 AM

My first bike was an F2.

It was great.

BB 600f4i 08-28-2006 05:50 PM

86' Honda Interceptor VF500

Funedude05 08-28-2006 06:27 PM

My first bike was a '94 F2. First thing I rode with a motor and two wheels. Once I got the hang of it I was hooked. A great bike to learn on and an all around bike. Someone stole it so I upgraded to the 2001 f4i.

snowboarding82 08-28-2006 07:38 PM

Oh it was great fun learning how to ride a motorcycle on the way home from the dealership. I thought I was going to turn into oncoming traffic leaving the dealership and crash. Luckily I didn't. I have improved quite a bit and am a much better slow rider now. That's the hardest part I think is riding slow. Riding fast is kind of tough too though. I notice when I pass a car, and when I do it always seems I get up into triple digits, and I'm coming back into my lane the bike is really tough to change lanes. I really have to push and lean hard to get it over. I guess that's to be expected at 100mph though. I love my bike though, but I do kind of wish I got the RR as I hear it is a lot more aggressive and I like taking turns fast! =)

Mike

Blackdog F4i 08-28-2006 09:03 PM

Are you counter steering? That makes such a huge difference.

You want to talk about funny. I finally got new road tires on my mountain bike. I havent ridden it since I was a teenager. I took it out for a spin down the block to make sure the bike comp I put on it worked. The first turn I naturally leaned/counter steered and almost ended up on my head. I forgot how fast a bicycle will turn.:D Can't wait to do some training on the mountain bike.