F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

What would have to be done before n F4i could hang with an R1?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2005, 12:04 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: What would have to be done before n F4i could hang with an R1?

You have two choices...pray real hard until you fall asleep and start dreaming or just get an R1.

Old 03-19-2005, 10:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My personal opinion is liter bikes are for lazy people. Because like i said if your in the right gear and are concious of what gear you are always in you will be right there with a r-1. If you have a r-1 you can just roll on the throttle for power, thats just lazy and a waist of money!![:@]

Old 03-19-2005, 10:39 PM

ORIGINAL: crusher25

My personal opinion is liter bikes are for lazy people. Because like i said if your in the right gear and are concious of what gear you are always in you will be right there with a r-1. If you have a r-1 you can just roll on the throttle for power, thats just lazy and a waist of money!![:@]

Haha, thats a new one. You could also put a turbo on there and then you'd be with an R1. Im not sure how the gearing is though, as in what the top speed is limited at with stock gears.

Old 03-19-2005, 10:53 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I want some of what some of you been smokin. Look, 600's are pumpin out 110 hp compared to a 1000's 155 hp. With a grand total of maybe 40# or so difference in weight there's no way a stock 600 will 'keep up' with a stock 1000. If you're keeping up with an R1 then either you're a much better rider than he, you got some power mods or he's not really racing you. A Harley riding buddy once said my old turbo busa wasn't so bad cause he was keeping up with me. Truth be known I was riding with him. Gee, not a lot of glory in kicking a Harley's *** with a 300hp busa. Of course after he said that I pounded him the next time out.

Old 03-19-2005, 11:45 PM

So, like a lot have said, power mods. Nitrous, turbo, stroker, something along those lines. It CAN be done though.

Old 03-20-2005, 02:49 AM

ORIGINAL: mkfosgate

So, like a lot have said, power mods. Nitrous, turbo, stroker, something along those lines. It CAN be done though.
Well anything is possible if you have the time, and the MOOLA!! It is not financially feasible to do, as stated a few times in this posting, you could buy a R1, or 2 or 3 of them for the cost needed too achieve this goal..stock for stock in a 1/4 mile race there is NO CONTEST with equal riders..now if you have a 16 year old with a learners permit on the R1, and proffesional drag racer on the 600; the odds would be different!!

Old 03-20-2005, 03:07 AM

Well I'll tell you this Mr "Ex-Busa" You bring your liter bike down and we will ride all day, not once will you leave or loose me. Thats only with a slip on and a pcIII on my f4i

Old 03-20-2005, 03:35 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wasn't flaming you or your bike. I understand cc loyalty -- but here's something to consider. If a 600 really could hang with a 1000 in all conditions (you live in FL? Home of the 2 mile level straights?) then why doesn't Yates or Mladin or Duhamel ride a 600? It's lighter than the 1000's everybody else uses. They don't even ride the 750's anymore and the 750's that do run aren't winning. The 1000's are also setting track records everywhere they go.

The biggest problem most of us have with the 1000's is actually getting the power to the ground. That was always a major concern when I had the Busa. The bastard would smoke the tire at over 100mph on dry pavement and wheelie in 4th gear all on throttle alone. In that respect if you are able to use all a 600's power then you'll have an advantage over a poser who shifts a 1000 at 5000rpm.

The 600's today would easily beat the 1000's of a few years ago and I have nothing but respect for how fast and well mannered those little beasts are. But before you go challenging everybody on a 1000 to an all day race go ride one. Preferably a Honda -- they just put the power down so smooth it's scary. I promise you that when you get in the plus 8500 rpm zone you'll understand that there is a big difference.

Old 03-20-2005, 09:11 PM
L8X

dude, i dont think that was a challenge or anything man. chill. no one ever said you weren't a good rider. we're talking straight up bikes here. there's no way a 600cc bike can overtake 1000cc bike. "you cant make something out of nothing" law of physics. even with a slip-on and pc, those two things alone wont make enough power to cover the 40 cc diff.

Old 03-20-2005, 10:21 PM

im sorry, i just looked at this post. im having a hard time with it. there is no way at all, a 600 fi would even come close to a 1000. well if the guy on the 1000 stalled maybe. im not going to be an *** or challenge anyone to a race but lets just be real for a second. my brother has a 600 r6 wich is a very fast bike, hindle full setup. jet kit. so its not stock. dyno at 123 horsepower. that is really pushing a 600. i have a 2001 rr 929. hindle full, powercomander. dyno at 150 horsepower. that is just way to much of a gap. then we look at the weight. mine i think is about 40 pounds more. it just dosent add up.
im not saying that you are or are not a good rider or the other guy is or is not, we are just talking about bikes. i ride with alot of 600 and 750s and at times when the trash talking gets a bit harsh on the chatterboxs my buddy on his r1 and myself can just about leave them in the dust at any given time and for about as long a time as we want. not to be a ***** but 600s just dont have the power of a 1000. they are very fast i will say that but when i see my buddies down shifting to 3rd while i just twist, i dont know, lets just keep it real

Quick Reply: What would have to be done before n F4i could hang with an R1?