CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   What type of coolant & oil are you using? (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/what-type-coolant-oil-you-using-139716/)

Gormar9 06-28-2012 12:47 PM

What type of coolant & oil are you using?

I'm just curious of what other fellow F4i owners are putting into their bikes. Right now I have 5w-40 Castrol full synthetic power RS racing 4t oil. I know it's supposed to be 10w-40 but I bought these and put it in my bike before I realized it's supposed to be 10w-40. It should still be fine since it's summer and not cold outside.
For the coolant I bought RED LINE OIL Supercool Performance Coolant with WaterWetter at cycle gear.

I want to know what you guys use, because I want to use the best for my bike and treat her like a well fed queen. To get the maximum life and performance from her. So let me know! And I will change out what I am currently using with the stuff you guys recommend. :D

gotcbr 06-28-2012 12:51 PM

There are m-a-n-y threads on oil & coolant here on the forum. Suggest you look thru all the previous threads. ;-)

jeremymik84 06-28-2012 12:55 PM

amsoil!!!! and coolant i just use factory reccommended. normally Honda brand from dealership.

gotcbr 06-28-2012 12:56 PM

And...it begins. ;-)

Gormar9 06-28-2012 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by gotcbr (Post 1172882)
There are m-a-n-y threads on oil & coolant here on the forum. Suggest you look thru all the previous threads. ;-)

I know there are other threads similar to this. but most of them are talking about problems with their bikes. I just was curious about what people were using and the best type. rather than complaining about by bike overheating and desperately trying to find a coolant to fix it. All I want to see is whats most popular. :)

gotcbr 06-28-2012 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by Gormar9 (Post 1172890)
I know there are other threads similar to this. but most of them are talking about problems with their bikes.

Then you haven't looked hard enough. ;-) Just wanted you to be aware that this topic comes up very often & there are many threads on the same topic. There's lots of feedback already that you may be interested in reading.

Originally Posted by Gormar9 (Post 1172890)
I just was curious about what people were using and the best type. rather than complaining about by bike overheating and desperately trying to find a coolant to fix it. All I want to see is whats most popular. :)

No worries. ;-) We'll get you situated w/ all the info you want.

The choices you went w/ are acceptable. I also use WaterWetter.

OEM = ProHonda 50/50 Premix Coolant & ProHonda GN4 oil (dino).

There are many acceptable options... Rotella oil is another favored replacement.

74demon 06-28-2012 01:29 PM

Rotella and engine ice.

svek 06-28-2012 02:42 PM

elf moto 10w40 synthetic blend

RudyGT 06-28-2012 03:43 PM

im using suzuki full synthetic racing oil, its cheaper than your big players and i was told it was quite popular.
as for fluid im using engine ice, i wish i would of researched first because engine ice has anti-freezing chemicals. i would of gone water wetter and distilled water had i of known.
actually it still seems like a whole lot behind engine ice, with people saying it doesnt transfer heat as good therefore it reads a lower thermostat while your engine is hotter.
i couldnt find any definitive answers, so it'll be for now.

Kevwa451 06-28-2012 03:48 PM

Rotella T6 and Honda HP-4 coolant for me