F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

At what point does the front end lift off the ground?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 04:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default At what point does the front end lift off the ground?

'02 F4i, Yoshi RS-3 exhaust.

Any idea? I haven't ventured to full throttle yet, hell, not even past 10krpm, but what are we looking at in terms of full front end lift off the ground during acceleration? I was under the impression that a throttle blip was necessary to lift off....but other accounts have me finding out that may be wrong!

Thanks

PS...I should clarify. I'm thinking, at wide open throttle, say in 2nd-3rd-4th gear, is this going to happen? Will the front end lift completely? Or am I just a chicken (as I feel I should be).

Old 05-22-2007, 04:34 PM
Default RE: At what point does the front end lift off the ground?

it wont lift in 2 or 3 at all without clutching it if you have stock gearing. It probably won't lift in 1st either, unless its been geared lower.

Old 05-22-2007, 04:38 PM

ORIGINAL: cozye

it wont lift in 2 or 3 at all without clutching it if you have stock gearing. It probably won't lift in 1st either, unless its been geared lower.

oh it will lift off the ground in first....Crank that bish up to 9-10k and let off the gas and womp it and see if the new backflip your doing is any fun

ORIGINAL: chimmike

'02 F4i, Yoshi RS-3 exhaust.

Any idea? I haven't ventured to full throttle yet, hell, not even past 10krpm, but what are we looking at in terms of full front end lift off the ground during acceleration? I was under the impression that a throttle blip was necessary to lift off....but other accounts have me finding out that may be wrong!

Thanks

PS...I should clarify. I'm thinking, at wide open throttle, say in 2nd-3rd-4th gear, is this going to happen? Will the front end lift completely? Or am I just a chicken (as I feel I should be).
And it wont lift on just power alone outta the power band in 2nd, but it will on a hard accelleration. ive been able to get it up in 1-4 on the hard shifts just to see if it would, but it was all power shifts without letting off the gas...I wouldnt recommend power wheelies in 3-4 because well you will be doing well over 100+ trying to keep thefront end up and well thats not safe...id recommond clutching it up 1-2 gear, but i dont stunt much ask JZ or someone around there for more help

Old 05-22-2007, 04:40 PM

well basically this is the thing. I don't want to do any blipping. I am just thinking, if I want to wind it out, say in a race 1st-3rd gears.....do I have to worry about the front end going up on me? No fancy wheelie-attempt moves or crap like that. It's just when I start gettin on it, that front end feels REALLY light.

And how to position myself better to move my fat **** closer to the front for planting? LOL

Old 05-22-2007, 04:43 PM

well basically this is the thing. I don't want to do any blipping. I am just thinking, if I want to wind it out, say in a race 1st-3rd gears.....do I have to worry about the front end going up on me? No fancy wheelie-attempt moves or crap like that. It's just when I start gettin on it, that front end feels REALLY light.

And how to position myself better to move my fat **** closer to the front for planting? LOL
Lean over the tank get your body and chest resting on it...And ride the clutch a bit more in first on the launch so you dont come up as much, but if you are hard on it in 1-3 it will most likely come up unless you arent getting on it to the full potential

Old 05-22-2007, 04:53 PM

Damn. Well, I'm gonna have to get a bit more used to this bike before I give it full throttle haha.

If I'm going to give it WOT in any gear, I'll definitely shift slowly and get on the gas smoothly heh.

My intention is to NOT lift the front end for a while because I don't think I'm ready for it yet, I have no idea how fast the rotation would be and if I could respond quickly enough or correctly.

Old 05-22-2007, 04:56 PM

Damn. Well, I'm gonna have to get a bit more used to this bike before I give it full throttle haha.

If I'm going to give it WOT in any gear, I'll definitely shift slowly and get on the gas smoothly heh.

My intention is to NOT lift the front end for a while because I don't think I'm ready for it yet, I have no idea how fast the rotation would be and if I could respond quickly enough or correctly.

well the only gear it will come up and stay up on just power alone is first...All the rest it will just pop up for a second most likely on the shift which is nothing to really worry about just dont let the tank slappers get you if it comes down alittle crooked or on a bbumpy road... It will come natural soon and when it does its great fun

Old 05-22-2007, 05:03 PM

95 horses and a manual clutch. i'd say anytime

Old 05-22-2007, 05:07 PM

ORIGINAL: SchiraF4I
oh it will lift off the ground in first....Crank that bish up to 9-10k and let off the gas and womp it and see if the new backflip your doing is any fun
Did that the other day working on my launches and surprised the **** out of me. Let off the throttle and back down I went...on my nuts of course [:@]

Old 05-22-2007, 05:11 PM

ORIGINAL: SchiraF4I
well the only gear it will come up and stay up on just power alone is first...All the rest it will just pop up for a second most likely on the shift which is nothing to really worry about just dont let the tank slappers get you if it comes down alittle crooked or on a bbumpy road... It will come natural soon and when it does its great fun
Cool, thanks for the help

Quick Reply: At what point does the front end lift off the ground?