F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

What Part Would You Like To Have Custom Fabbed?

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 01:38 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey man! Any news on anything?

Old 11-05-2009, 06:14 AM

you should make a peice of pipe that fits right before the muffler that has some way of letting you choose muffler or no muffler. some kind of valve or something that stays down over a hole in the side of the pipe for quiet muffler use but if your riding along and feel like making some noise you can just reach down, turn a valve (or switch or something) it flips the valve up into the exhaust pipe blocking the path to the muffler sending it out the hole said piece was covering up. that would be ****ing sweet! and that way you could do it on the go instead of having to come home and take ur muffler off.

Old 11-05-2009, 08:20 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^It'd have to be on an individual basis. Cause that would be pretty tough keep the muffler on, yet have it installed IMO. You'd have to make a piece that attached to the downpipe, and then another that held the exhaust. Also like a half open, half closed cylinder. see it'd either flow straight out, or through the exhaust.

I'd rather take it off for the look too. To be completely honest. But I'm thinking about going with a new exhaust.

Old 11-05-2009, 10:59 AM
April 2011 Ride of the Month

hey guys idk what to do about this thread idk if you saw or not but my rear seat cowl thread got locked because im not allowed to sell the anything on here because im not allowed to make a profit off the site.......

Old 11-05-2009, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by Zero1080
^It'd have to be on an individual basis. Cause that would be pretty tough keep the muffler on, yet have it installed IMO. You'd have to make a piece that attached to the downpipe, and then another that held the exhaust. Also like a half open, half closed cylinder. see it'd either flow straight out, or through the exhaust.

I'd rather take it off for the look too. To be completely honest. But I'm thinking about going with a new exhaust.
i think you misunderstood me, here is my imagination of the piece:

Name:  100_5851.jpg
Views: 5
Size:  52.7 KB

Old 11-05-2009, 02:13 PM

only down side to this is that your bikes computer will be all kinds of confused.... also to run optimum you would need two tunes....

Old 11-05-2009, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by zmds18
only down side to this is that your bikes computer will be all kinds of confused.... also to run optimum you would need two tunes....
aaahh! i forgot about that. how stupid can i get??? but i have switched between the two by manually taking it off and it didn't seem to run or ride any different.

what if you figured out the backpressure (which is fairly easy, i think) from your stock setup and made a pipe to split from the valve and have it go behind you muffler? if you have room, I have room for it anyway.

Old 11-05-2009, 11:24 PM
July 2008 ROTM

It's the same concept as an electronic cut off on a car / truck. Still kinda pointless for a bike, though. (Then again, I hate GP exhausts.)

Old 11-06-2009, 06:45 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd also probably really hurt your structural integrity. zmds, just PM people.

Old 11-06-2009, 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by canhead64
aaahh! i forgot about that. how stupid can i get??? but i have switched between the two by manually taking it off and it didn't seem to run or ride any different.

what if you figured out the backpressure (which is fairly easy, i think) from your stock setup and made a pipe to split from the valve and have it go behind you muffler? if you have room, I have room for it anyway.

right you may not have noticed the difference but running straight header like there leans your bike out to the extreme.... to where you could lean ur bike out to the point of motor failure.....

Quick Reply: What Part Would You Like To Have Custom Fabbed?