CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   What Part Would You Like To Have Custom Fabbed? (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/what-part-would-you-like-have-custom-fabbed-102729/)

2H company 11-05-2009 01:38 AM

Hey man! Any news on anything?

canhead64 11-05-2009 06:14 AM

you should make a peice of pipe that fits right before the muffler that has some way of letting you choose muffler or no muffler. some kind of valve or something that stays down over a hole in the side of the pipe for quiet muffler use but if your riding along and feel like making some noise you can just reach down, turn a valve (or switch or something) it flips the valve up into the exhaust pipe blocking the path to the muffler sending it out the hole said piece was covering up. that would be ****ing sweet! and that way you could do it on the go instead of having to come home and take ur muffler off.

Zero1080 11-05-2009 08:20 AM

^It'd have to be on an individual basis. Cause that would be pretty tough keep the muffler on, yet have it installed IMO. You'd have to make a piece that attached to the downpipe, and then another that held the exhaust. Also like a half open, half closed cylinder. see it'd either flow straight out, or through the exhaust.

I'd rather take it off for the look too. To be completely honest. But I'm thinking about going with a new exhaust.

__Z__ 11-05-2009 10:59 AM

hey guys idk what to do about this thread idk if you saw or not but my rear seat cowl thread got locked because im not allowed to sell the anything on here because im not allowed to make a profit off the site.......

canhead64 11-05-2009 01:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Zero1080 (Post 854971)
^It'd have to be on an individual basis. Cause that would be pretty tough keep the muffler on, yet have it installed IMO. You'd have to make a piece that attached to the downpipe, and then another that held the exhaust. Also like a half open, half closed cylinder. see it'd either flow straight out, or through the exhaust.

I'd rather take it off for the look too. To be completely honest. But I'm thinking about going with a new exhaust.

i think you misunderstood me, here is my imagination of the piece:

Attachment 59752

__Z__ 11-05-2009 02:13 PM

only down side to this is that your bikes computer will be all kinds of confused.... also to run optimum you would need two tunes....

canhead64 11-05-2009 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by zmds18 (Post 855077)
only down side to this is that your bikes computer will be all kinds of confused.... also to run optimum you would need two tunes....

aaahh! i forgot about that. how stupid can i get??? but i have switched between the two by manually taking it off and it didn't seem to run or ride any different.

what if you figured out the backpressure (which is fairly easy, i think) from your stock setup and made a pipe to split from the valve and have it go behind you muffler? if you have room, I have room for it anyway.

Aken 11-05-2009 11:24 PM

It's the same concept as an electronic cut off on a car / truck. Still kinda pointless for a bike, though. (Then again, I hate GP exhausts.)

Zero1080 11-06-2009 06:45 AM

I'd also probably really hurt your structural integrity. zmds, just PM people.

__Z__ 11-06-2009 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by canhead64 (Post 855095)
aaahh! i forgot about that. how stupid can i get??? but i have switched between the two by manually taking it off and it didn't seem to run or ride any different.

what if you figured out the backpressure (which is fairly easy, i think) from your stock setup and made a pipe to split from the valve and have it go behind you muffler? if you have room, I have room for it anyway.

right you may not have noticed the difference but running straight header like there leans your bike out to the extreme.... to where you could lean ur bike out to the point of motor failure.....