CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   What Part Would You Like To Have Custom Fabbed? (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/what-part-would-you-like-have-custom-fabbed-102729/)

__Z__ 10-29-2009 11:05 AM

What Part Would You Like To Have Custom Fabbed?

Hey guys i need your help my dads buddy has a local fabrication shop here in town and hey are struggling right now financially (just like everyone else).

So im postin this up what would you guys like to see custom fabricated for our bikes? Custom shorty slip ons? You name it, post it, im going to get a running total together if i can get enough of one thing for his shop to make some money off of it ill give him the order and see if he cant make us some parts.....

So post away.....

NYKnick1015 10-29-2009 01:39 PM

are we talking metal, plastic or what... because if he can make a couple of those targa solo seat cowls and sell them at reasonable prices... say $100 a pop... count me in for one

__Z__ 10-29-2009 02:44 PM

i am talking metal stuff..... sorry i did not clarify

if you would like a rear seat cowl please see my other thread

chetman7 10-30-2009 09:49 AM

a decently made shorty exhaust would be great..like the ones that one member used to make back in the day...forgot his name

__Z__ 10-30-2009 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by chetman7 (Post 853034)
a decently made shorty exhaust would be great..like the ones that one member used to make back in the day...forgot his name

are you refering to the cf shorties like what aken has or the other one... lol i know what your talking about if its not the cf one

NYKnick1015 10-30-2009 10:56 AM

i like the idea of a good looking shorty exhaust... affordable too

Zero1080 10-30-2009 10:59 AM

license plate brackets. Not vertical, Just something I can mount on my undertail. Like an 'L' bracket, but flippable. Purely for show.

__Z__ 10-30-2009 11:03 AM

hey zero i had a similar idea myself..... what about something that allows you to remove your passanger left peg.... slides over the bolts you replace your passanger peg back on and bolt everything up and it would bend around the be mounted off to the side of the bike NOT vertically BUT horizontally....

Zero1080 10-31-2009 12:03 AM

That might work, it'd be even better under the tail. You know? Cause I wanted to take my passenger footpegs off, and I realized that's part of what holds the plastic on. So if the license plate 'frame' just be about as wide as a washer, slip in between the bolt, and then just 'float' under the tail. That way it's not getting hit by the wind.

canhead64 10-31-2009 09:31 AM

does he have cnc machine????

2H company 10-31-2009 01:33 PM

Totally voting for good looking shorty exhaust. Affordable as well :)
There seems to be no good shorties on the market (maybe that HR1, but the price...)

License plate bracket sounds like a good idea as well. I'm planning on removing those fugly snail eyes from the back.

EA 10-31-2009 04:30 PM

haha

Sorry bud, but you have a post history of not following up with any of these good ideas you have.
I remember a Lever thread you started where you said you were going to fab up some brake and clutch levers
and let some senior members try them out etc.. then sell them. I was all up for that. Nothing ever happened with it.
You still don't have pics of fitment or anything else on your rear cowl idea.

Some advice man. Finish one idea before you start the next or you will never finish any of them.
I'm not trying to be mean, and I know I hardly ever post here, but I watch these forums very much and your starting a trend with your posts...

canhead64 10-31-2009 04:56 PM

custom heel guards would be awesome

__Z__ 10-31-2009 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by EA (Post 853476)
Sorry bud, but you have a post history of not following up with any of these good ideas you have.
I remember a Lever thread you started where you said you were going to fab up some brake and clutch levers
and let some senior members try them out etc.. then sell them. I was all up for that. Nothing ever happened with it.
You still don't have pics of fitment or anything else on your rear cowl idea.

Some advice man. Finish one idea before you start the next or you will never finish any of them.
I'm not trying to be mean, and I know I hardly ever post here, but I watch these forums very much and your starting a trend with your posts...

If you had read the thread you would have realized that IM NOT FABBING ANYTHING FOR THIS IDEA ITS A LOCAL SHOP...hurting for money..... and the reason i never finishd my handles is because my fiance and i decided to get married and I have to pay for everything myself being a full time student as well as a full time emplyee lifes a little rough i may sometime decide to pick up the handle idea again.....

as for the rear seat cowls i fiberglassed one this afternoon and its hardening..... thanks for ur two cent but next time read the thread before posting a comment

and im not making any promises here im just trying to see what people are looking for if enough people want something i will see if his shop thinks its a good idea thats it.....

right now shorty exhaust and custom plate mounts seem to be the two top ideas

__Z__ 10-31-2009 07:27 PM

im not trying to be rude but it really urks me when people do exactly what you do.... come into a thread and make comments that arent in any way construstive when you dont know the situation

no offense

__Z__ 11-01-2009 08:13 AM

Okay guys next question would you like to see a shorty exhaust just like javiers? Or would you want something that looks a little different idk maybe something like the micron megaphone exhaust for the r6?

Throw out some ideas

2H company 11-02-2009 11:07 AM

Javier's looks nice. I actually didn't know what you were talking about, so I googled it and found the thread on the forum :)

Second opinion you already know. It's something HR1 alike.

__Z__ 11-02-2009 11:55 AM

So something like this

http://www.hardracing.com/images/06r6micron.jpg

or this

http://www.laserexhausts.com/dotcont...TREME_07_b.jpg

or this

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x...v/100_0755.jpg

or like the hr1 riot?????

2H company 11-02-2009 03:17 PM

Hmmm, yea, that Micron looks pretty sleek.

Zero1080 11-03-2009 04:08 AM

HM. if that micron went with the lines of the f4i, it'd look great. But not that bubble look. I also like the bottom one (GP?) style? I sometimes ride exhaustless after working on my bike, cause I love the way it sounds, but I just want a slightly quieter tone.

2H company 11-05-2009 01:38 AM

Hey man! Any news on anything?

canhead64 11-05-2009 06:14 AM

you should make a peice of pipe that fits right before the muffler that has some way of letting you choose muffler or no muffler. some kind of valve or something that stays down over a hole in the side of the pipe for quiet muffler use but if your riding along and feel like making some noise you can just reach down, turn a valve (or switch or something) it flips the valve up into the exhaust pipe blocking the path to the muffler sending it out the hole said piece was covering up. that would be ****ing sweet! and that way you could do it on the go instead of having to come home and take ur muffler off.

Zero1080 11-05-2009 08:20 AM

^It'd have to be on an individual basis. Cause that would be pretty tough keep the muffler on, yet have it installed IMO. You'd have to make a piece that attached to the downpipe, and then another that held the exhaust. Also like a half open, half closed cylinder. see it'd either flow straight out, or through the exhaust.

I'd rather take it off for the look too. To be completely honest. But I'm thinking about going with a new exhaust.

__Z__ 11-05-2009 10:59 AM

hey guys idk what to do about this thread idk if you saw or not but my rear seat cowl thread got locked because im not allowed to sell the anything on here because im not allowed to make a profit off the site.......

canhead64 11-05-2009 01:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Zero1080 (Post 854971)
^It'd have to be on an individual basis. Cause that would be pretty tough keep the muffler on, yet have it installed IMO. You'd have to make a piece that attached to the downpipe, and then another that held the exhaust. Also like a half open, half closed cylinder. see it'd either flow straight out, or through the exhaust.

I'd rather take it off for the look too. To be completely honest. But I'm thinking about going with a new exhaust.

i think you misunderstood me, here is my imagination of the piece:

Attachment 59752

__Z__ 11-05-2009 02:13 PM

only down side to this is that your bikes computer will be all kinds of confused.... also to run optimum you would need two tunes....

canhead64 11-05-2009 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by zmds18 (Post 855077)
only down side to this is that your bikes computer will be all kinds of confused.... also to run optimum you would need two tunes....

aaahh! i forgot about that. how stupid can i get??? but i have switched between the two by manually taking it off and it didn't seem to run or ride any different.

what if you figured out the backpressure (which is fairly easy, i think) from your stock setup and made a pipe to split from the valve and have it go behind you muffler? if you have room, I have room for it anyway.

Aken 11-05-2009 11:24 PM

It's the same concept as an electronic cut off on a car / truck. Still kinda pointless for a bike, though. (Then again, I hate GP exhausts.)

Zero1080 11-06-2009 06:45 AM

I'd also probably really hurt your structural integrity. zmds, just PM people.

__Z__ 11-06-2009 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by canhead64 (Post 855095)
aaahh! i forgot about that. how stupid can i get??? but i have switched between the two by manually taking it off and it didn't seem to run or ride any different.

what if you figured out the backpressure (which is fairly easy, i think) from your stock setup and made a pipe to split from the valve and have it go behind you muffler? if you have room, I have room for it anyway.

right you may not have noticed the difference but running straight header like there leans your bike out to the extreme.... to where you could lean ur bike out to the point of motor failure.....

__Z__ 11-06-2009 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by Zero1080 (Post 855274)
I'd also probably really hurt your structural integrity. zmds, just PM people.

huh? say what?

__Z__ 11-06-2009 07:25 AM

is there any one exhaust that everyone can agree on? Just asking because in order for me to continue i need one def design that everyone agrees on....

then i can go to my dads buddies shop and make sure everything is a go or no go....

GDM YO 11-06-2009 09:16 AM

Rubber ring? Was that a joke? You think rubber would survive the temps of exhaust...?

canhead64 11-07-2009 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by GDM YO (Post 855341)
Rubber ring? Was that a joke? You think rubber would survive the temps of exhaust...?

i didn't literally mean rubber, there is a compound which is basically like rubber but it is high temp stuff and i think it has ceramic in too. i can't remember the actual name of it at the moment but it would def stand up to the temp because its specifically made for high heat industrial situations. i'll try and look it up.

kylehondarider 01-05-2010 10:41 PM

how about some billet short clutch/brake handles?