F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

what now?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2008, 07:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: what now?

i bought T-rex sliders guy laid his bike over last week, only hit is long *** bar end! you can tell on the end of the slider its been over but that is the only other spot

Old 12-08-2008, 07:16 PM
Official CBRF Welcome Crew Undercover Agent
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anothermethod is to use a laser pointer mounted on a camera tripod. Aim the laser at the center of the slider bolt. Remove the bolt and replace the fairing. Mark where the laser lands on the surface of the fairing then drill.

Old 12-08-2008, 07:16 PM

i love my pazzo shorty levers

Old 12-08-2008, 07:21 PM

Bike looks great, just don't over do it. Frame sliders are worth cutting for just to protect the great looking fairings you have. I have seen some people use plumbing grommets around the cut for a really nice look. Check the write ups and you will find that although it is scary to do, it's not that hard.

I have modified damn near everything on my bike from front to back. One of the best "bang for the buck" mods is stainless steel brake lines. If you want to ride in the winter, heated grips or gear is a plus. Battery tender is an excellent addition if the bike sits a lot. This will help the battery last longer.

Everything else is either cosmetic or bling unless you are going to the track IMO.