F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

what do you like best about your f4i?

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2006, 10:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what do you like best about your f4i?

thinking hard over buying new 06 f4i...if i can swindle one from the stealer for around 8000otd... i'll probaly buy it... sat on one at the stealer...pretty comfortable for a sportbike... my question is what does the f4i do best...long highway miles...street-fighting...or even track? had an old sportster which believe it or not was a pretty fun bike in town... with its low and mid-range torque it was able to stay out in front of most of the cagers... even those with enough energy and repressed rage to light up disney world...so what exactly is it you like best about your f4i?

Old 11-29-2006, 10:36 PM
Default RE: what do you like best about your f4i?

I'd say the thing I like best about my F4i is that the fairings are already kinda jacked up so I can be harsh as hell with it and cut it and "mod" it (which means go to town with plastic cutters wherever I like) and generally not care too much if I get a little scratch on my bike.

yeah, that and it's fast.

[8D]

Old 11-29-2006, 10:47 PM

This is my second season on my F4i... I would have to say that the best thing about my bike is its comfortability. I can ride it all day long and not feel uncomfortable whether it be in the twisties or on an extended trip on the hwy. I've also heard that they do well on the track and I will be doing some track days with mine next season, so will be able to comment about that after the fact. I was thinking about upgrading to an RR next season, but have heard that they (the RR's) are not as comfortable and I feel like the F4i really fits me and my riding style. I've found that I can keep up just fine with most of the other bikes, so don't feel that there is a signifigant different in hp between that and the 600RR's. What my bike may lack in hp, I make up for in riding it.

One thing that I do NOT like about the newer F4i's is the 1 piece seat. [sm=smiley21.gif]

I would suggest buying from someone local rather than going thru the stealership... just my $.02 worth. Good luck!

Old 11-29-2006, 10:53 PM
Retired Moderator

The thing I like about the bike is its versatility. I don't think you will find another bike that hits all the points that you are looking for. There might be better bikes that do one specific thing better (600rr), but I think it is a GREAT overall choice! Also, I think it is the sexiest thing since Salma Hayek...

Old 11-29-2006, 10:54 PM

stepped up from ninja 500.... so a vast improvement
10 over all looks
9 clock
8 fuel guage
7 ride height fits me much better
6 better grip
5 better comfort
4 as Tim Taylor would say "More Power"
3 better suspension
2 better braking
and the #1
ITS A HONDA!!!!!!!

06 yellow f4i
stock
5600 mls.

Old 11-29-2006, 10:55 PM

oh yeah, and +1 for rckt grl, get the split seat, looks hella cooler. However after like 7 hour rides it feels like I just got out of prison.

also I think selma hayek is fine and I woulda made her pregnant in desperado.

Old 11-29-2006, 11:57 PM

what i like about my f4i, its a honda, chick dig it! and i love wheeelieing on this thing =]

Old 11-30-2006, 12:15 AM

i've always been attracted to the 600's...even tho i've never owned one...all that power and function in such a small package...you gotta love it...if i was 10 years younger i'd go for the new 07 cbr...wicked looks and weighs less than my sons big wheel...but i'm an old fart who still likes going fast (occassionally)...so it looks like for this old back i'll be plunking down 8 or so large for the fast blue 06...in the new cycle-world there was a blurb about the first 600 to crack 200mph...a cbr of course...it produced over 200hp! thanks for the replys.

Old 11-30-2006, 02:55 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i like my f4i for long highway miles. for wheelies, i like my cage, and my sprockets. also i like getting laughed at for having a street fighter with a big cage and sprockets, and then smoking those people in corners, still. oh and my custom cut and then welded exhaust pipe sounds fabulous

Old 11-30-2006, 04:26 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It out-accelerates a lamborghini while being comfy and beautiful !!