F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

What Do I Do?!

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2009, 04:00 PM
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Joey_f4i
How bad is the lay-down damage?
Any pics?

14K is not too too bad, thats a little more that 2K a year.
I don't understand how the milage per year average has anything to do with total milage or value? It wouldn't matter if the guy did 14k in the first 6 months then stored it or 2k a year, he still has 14k on the bike.

Old 09-29-2009, 04:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you look at the ad i posted on the first page, i just noticed.. the muffler is a burnt color.. could it really be running THAT rich that the muffler changed? or was that an option on the bike? anybody know?

Old 09-29-2009, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by boredandstroked
I don't understand how the milage per year average has anything to do with total milage or value? It wouldn't matter if the guy did 14k in the first 6 months then stored it or 2k a year, he still has 14k on the bike.
It doesent,
simply talking in the "better off" sense, since all he knows is that the motorbike has 14K.
No history of how the miles were put on.
That was pretty much a best case scenerio rought estimate of how the miles could have been put on, had he been running it at an average throughout the years.

Like you say, he still has 14K on the bike regardless.
Trying to look at it in the "sunny side" here.

BTW Junior, I think that may be a BlueFlame aftermarket exhaust, or something similar, but I believe thats the way those slip-ons are made to look.

Last edited by Joey_f4i; 09-29-2009 at 05:14 PM.
Old 09-29-2009, 05:40 PM

Oh okay, he just didn't say anything about an aftermarket pipe. and the header looked heatwrapped from the picture, so i thought maybe he was running crazy lean or something. scared me a little. I almost ran to the next city over to get farther away from the bike.