F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

What did you do to your F4i today?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2012, 11:10 PM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2wheelfury
Are those Gilles Tooling rearsets on your f4i there Nasty?? I tried to get my hands on some but went Woodcraft instead and I like the woodcraft. They have a much better clearance than the oem sets. Only down fall is they are not adjustable. We have close to matching paint as well.
no they are osf rear sets and i love them. they fit perfectly and are fully adjustable and very confortable for me bc i'm so tall. it let me bring them up and back. them and my pazo levors and the best 2 thing i've doen to the bike. Did you get your fairings off ebay? i did and painted the tank, under tail and fresh air covers to match. i like the red led's too btw

Old 07-09-2012, 11:13 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by City Bike Racing
Love how you actually had the ram air covers painted to match. All too often I see custom painted F4i's that left the cheesy flat gray plastic as is. Also would you be interested in selling the rearsets separately? Could swap for my stock ones plush cash if you don't have your stock ones laying around.
thanks, i go all the way or not at all. i agree it just looks bad and i have nio idea why they weren't painted from the factory, save money i guess. I'm gona hold on to the rear sets though. i have a factory set tto. sorry bro

Old 07-10-2012, 08:31 AM
June 2012 Ride of the Month

Originally Posted by nasty f4i
thanks, i go all the way or not at all. i agree it just looks bad and i have nio idea why they weren't painted from the factory, save money i guess. I'm gona hold on to the rear sets though. i have a factory set tto. sorry bro
Its all good I misread something some how. lol.

Last edited by gotcbr; 07-10-2012 at 12:34 PM. Reason: content
Old 07-10-2012, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by nasty f4i
no they are osf rear sets and i love them. they fit perfectly and are fully adjustable and very confortable for me bc i'm so tall. it let me bring them up and back. them and my pazo levors and the best 2 thing i've doen to the bike. Did you get your fairings off ebay? i did and painted the tank, under tail and fresh air covers to match. i like the red led's too btw
Like them. They look good on the bike. They are eBay fairings but I really searched around before I decided who to go with on there. You have to make sure they are OEM quality and OEM fitment. Guaranteed fitment, all holes pre-drilled, that sorta thing. I looked at feedback from the seller as well. I also have pazzo levers and love them. I still have a few little minor things I want to do like add some flames to the tank as well. I just didn't have the money at the time. Thanks for the compliments on the LED's. I love em so far. They were an extremely easy install. No wires to cut made it easy. Everything plugs into a harness. The harness goes into a controller and then controller gets wired to the battery. They also are remote controlled. Can control brightness, strobing, flashing and fading. It's a kit made by LED Glow. Check em out if you are interested in em. They have kits from 6 pieces up to 20 pieces.

Old 07-10-2012, 03:23 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by City Bike Racing
Its all good I misread something some how. lol.
no worries bro

Old 07-10-2012, 03:26 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 2wheelfury
Like them. They look good on the bike. They are eBay fairings but I really searched around before I decided who to go with on there. You have to make sure they are OEM quality and OEM fitment. Guaranteed fitment, all holes pre-drilled, that sorta thing. I looked at feedback from the seller as well. I also have pazzo levers and love them. I still have a few little minor things I want to do like add some flames to the tank as well. I just didn't have the money at the time. Thanks for the compliments on the LED's. I love em so far. They were an extremely easy install. No wires to cut made it easy. Everything plugs into a harness. The harness goes into a controller and then controller gets wired to the battery. They also are remote controlled. Can control brightness, strobing, flashing and fading. It's a kit made by LED Glow. Check em out if you are interested in em. They have kits from 6 pieces up to 20 pieces.
i did the same with mine and they fit perfectly. my friend bought some for his 01 f4i before i did and they didn't fit that well. I just might check out that led kit it looks really good. There still is a few thinks i want for mine too but i just get a little at a time. all my projects are always a work in progress

Old 07-10-2012, 10:40 PM

The double-sided sticky tape that came with my HID kit for the ballasts came loose and one ballast had dropped down onto the fender. I pulled the nose off and zip-tied them in place. Then I cut the crimp connectors out of my turn signal wiring and soldered the connections. Now all my wiring is nice and tidy.

Old 07-11-2012, 02:18 AM

Put the baffle into my DanMoto GP exhaust so I don't wake up the neighborhood when I come back home late from group rides and changed the oil for the first time!

Next up in the week is brake fluid and coolant flushing. Hopefully these two things won't be too difficult.

Old 07-11-2012, 03:07 AM

Raised mine back up today, was slammed but got tired of not being able to throw it like I want. And I also had to extend the kickstand with a ratchet and some good welding haha.

Old 07-27-2012, 10:04 AM
June 2012 Ride of the Month

Picked up some sport bike saddle bags.
Name:  IMG_20120725_133922.jpg
Views: 697
Size:  191.3 KB

Quick Reply: What did you do to your F4i today?