F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

weird blinker problem... need help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 11:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default weird blinker problem... need help!!!

hey guys! so i haven't started my bike in a while due to the fact that it's been in pieces due to my split seat conversion and i had just got my tail fairing painted and put it on (oh by the way, it's 99.9% done; the 0.1% is the fact that my stock rear seat is still on the way in the mail). well after putting on the seat, etc. i decided since it was nice outside to take it for a spin around the block. then i had realized that when i signal right or left the yellow light (both right and left) on the gauges is blinking weird. it's not an on/off blink, it's basically just stays on when i flip on the signals but the blink just blinks bright/dim/bright, etc. is there something wrong w/ it? also another thing is that i haven't installed my rear turn signals but last time i tried it, that didn't affect the turn signal blinkers on the gauges!

can someone explain this to me?

Old 02-13-2008, 07:25 AM
Default RE: weird blinker problem... need help!!!

Try putting the turn signals back on, i think that might be the problem. Before i owned mine, my friend took it apart and it did the same thing because the lights werent attached to the bike as i recall. Plus when i installed my LED blinker tail light, theturn signals wouldnt flash because it wasnt hooked up correctly. Just plug them in and check... i may be wrong though. Good luck.

Old 02-13-2008, 07:29 AM

Oh, and post some pics of your finished project when you get it done.... pleeeeeez

Old 02-13-2008, 07:48 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thats the problem, if you dont have a complete circuit in the turn signals it doesnt have correct voltage throughout. Same as if you hook up your ground wrong on a turn signal. It wont work right.

Old 02-13-2008, 11:00 AM

precisely...

Old 02-13-2008, 04:23 PM

+1 to the theory that the voltage is incorrect w/out all lights installed. same reason LED blinkers blink faster than halogen if both on the same circuit.

Old 02-13-2008, 07:37 PM

thanx all... i'll try just connecting the rear turn signals in to see if it solves the problem.

and by the time my seat comes in... i'll be sure to post pics of the final product!!!

Old 02-13-2008, 07:47 PM

alright how bout this.... my right turn signal light on the gauges stays on and all my lights are hooked up. still blinks and all but the indicator on the gauges stays on. sorry to jack your thread but it seems our problems were similar.

Old 05-28-2009, 05:28 PM
Default Rt turn indicator gauge

Hey,
Has anyone figured this one out yet. I ran into the same problem. I will try reseating the rt front signal bulb and repost on results. The blinkers and all works fine. It just started happening. Might be related to the fact that i have recently removed it changing the oil.

Old 05-28-2009, 05:37 PM
July 2008 ROTM

It can be an issue of less resistance due to a bulb out or aftermarket turn signals, or a poor aftermarket signal installation (mixing wires where they shouldn't be).

Quick Reply: weird blinker problem... need help!!!