F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Wear your gear!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2010, 02:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wear your gear!!

First off, to all the people I see with helmet only, or no gear at all.... Wear some gear!!!

In my 10 years of riding I went down once, my fault, trying to pull a stoppie and I went over the handle bars. (young and dumb)

This morning on the way to work, I was doing about 50 MPH in the right lane when a car pulled right in front of me. I only had one option and that was to swerve into the the left lane hard... (or t-bone the guy) My rear tire lost traction and I started sliding sideways. After a bit of sliding my rear tire hooked up and I high sided (launched from the bike) the bike slid on the right side for about 150 feet and I slid about 50 feet. I slid on my hands and knees and over all I was lucky. I mainly landed on my left knee and left forearm.

What would have been serious road rash, turn into little since I was wearing full gear, including gloves and riding jeans. Just a friendly reminder to wear your gear, bikes can be fixed, but we might not be so lucky.

Other than my left knee which took all the damage from the initial fall, there is not a scratch on me.

Old 06-21-2010, 02:13 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad your still here to tell the tale dude, might not of turned out that way if you did t-bone him. Did the SOB atleast stop and check you out?

Hows your bike looking? and what kinda of riding jeans where you wearing?

Old 06-21-2010, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by Sick97SS
Glad your still here to tell the tale dude, might not of turned out that way if you did t-bone him. Did the SOB atleast stop and check you out?

Hows your bike looking? and what kinda of riding jeans where you wearing?
Nope, he just kept on driving... Funny because he slowed down to look at me and then took off quickly.

Bike is all tore up... The right side is rashed, exhaust is mangled, brake lever is bent, bar end and lever is tore up, front cowl is rashed and cracked and right handle bar is bent. Also, when I take my hands off the bars she wants to pull to the right. Looks like I tweaked something up front. Luckily, I picked her right up and she fired up like brand new, so I think she'll be ok.

I was wearing the Shift Lodown jeans... They saved my skin, but I'm a bit disappointed since there is a small hole in the knee. They are a heavier denim with Kevlar lining.

Old 06-29-2010, 09:42 AM

The bike is totaled... Looking for some help in finding another bike.

https://cbrforum.com/forum/showthrea...650#post940650

Old 06-29-2010, 04:37 PM

It's never totaled. I gotta stock exhaust, and right clip-on, if you wanna rebuild. Some epoxy and "bondo" will get those fairings lookin cherry again (paint too).

Old 06-29-2010, 11:17 PM
July 2010 ROTM

i bought my bike when it was "totaled" u should see it now

Old 06-30-2010, 12:13 AM

if allstate cut you a check for it, id take that over having to repair, defenetly!

Lucky guy! i went down as well last year and gear saved my ***..

Old 06-30-2010, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by manny04
if allstate cut you a check for it, id take that over having to repair, defenetly!

Lucky guy! i went down as well last year and gear saved my ***..
Yep, I opted for the check. I got a check for what I paid for it almost three years ago. So, technically I spent $187 dollars to ride the bike for 2.5 seasons.

Old 07-01-2010, 03:29 AM

Glad you're Ok man! Hey, your big right hand side fairing ok? I need one, and if I can trade you that'd be amazing! Just send me a text or call me, I can meet anytime!

Old 07-01-2010, 10:57 AM

Man, I want some riding jeans bad. I have a nice jacket and crappy gloves, but I know my legs will be toast when I put it down.

...and I do ride unprotected to the gym (<1 mile away) *ashamed* [not a squid]

Quick Reply: Wear your gear!!