F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Vista Cruise Control

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 03:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vista Cruise Control

has anybody ever installed the Vista Cruise Control on their bike? just curious because im thinking of getting one but the f4i wasn't listed on the fitiment chart.

Old 01-17-2008, 04:10 PM
Default RE: Vista Cruise Control

Yea it looks really pretty but compatabillity with older bikes and older parts is horrible and it makes you crash a lot....

Seriously though, never heard of it.

Old 01-17-2008, 04:53 PM

I've seen people fit them on the CBR's but I have no experience with them. They are pretty cheap, all plastic, and the fitment on these bikes are pretty crude, they come in two sizes of universal mounting. Depends on the bar size. My local dealer has a FJ1300 with a cruise setup that is similar, but made of stainless and looks really nice. I'll stop by there tomorrow and get the name off it and post up.

Old 01-17-2008, 09:15 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can't answer your question about fitment, but they really shouldn't call those things "cruise controls" cuz they are not anything of the sort. Cruise controls maintains your speed and braking automatically cuts it off, these things just hold the throttle in a fixed position. I have a throttlemeister which allows you to roll on and off the throttle while it's activated so it's kind of in between a true cruise control and one of these things.

Old 01-17-2008, 10:14 PM

Actually you set the tension on the Vista cruise as well, you can roll them one way or the other and are more apt to not deactivate it as you are with the Throttlemeister.

I guess you could call them throttle locks, but that sounds kind of dumb/dangerous.

Old 01-18-2008, 04:39 AM

anyone can suggest which vista kit should i order to install it on my f4i?possible place to buy?
-Eugene

Old 01-18-2008, 02:26 PM

the problem with the vista cruise is that it is installed between the grip and the clip on controlls for your kill switch...... problem here is there is not enough room to fit the apparatus in there as the clipons dont have any spare space..... if you have aftermarket clip ons your set.....

Old 01-18-2008, 03:07 PM
Banned

I had the yamaha one on my F4i, my buddy has it on his 1000RR. Had to modify it by filing down the tabs. I had to get a small screw, cut it shorter and tap a hole in the throttle cable housing. Had to drill and then countersink the hole a little in the Vista. Worked great, then for some reason the grip kept hanging up a little and wouldn't snap back, ie. throttle on, stays on, unless you roll it off.

I looked at why it happened and couldn't figure it out, so I took it off before I died. His still works fine, not sure why.

Old 01-19-2008, 05:27 AM

so yamaha version works? or is the universal set the way to go? if so, which is the diameter of our clip-ons?

Old 01-20-2008, 08:18 AM
Banned

I used the Yamaha version in this link. I thought there were two small tabs that get grinded down, but the link shows one big tab with two fingers, all that **** goes away.

http://www.casporttouring.com/store/...gory_Code=cgid

Maybe post this questionon the stunters forum, those guys ride alot without their hands.

Quick Reply: Vista Cruise Control