F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Vibrations?

Old 09-05-2006, 11:32 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vibrations?

I was wondering if there is anything I can do about the vibrations in the handle bars? I have an 06 600F4i and my little brother has an 06 600rr and his is worse than mine but after riding for about an hour it starts to get a little anoyoing and our hands start to get tinglely. I have had other bikes that did this just not this much or at least effected me this much. ANy ideas??

Nick

Old 09-05-2006, 12:08 PM
Default RE: Vibrations?

HVMP bar ends has helped the most. It reduced the "buzz" in my hands by around 50% or more.

Old 09-05-2006, 12:26 PM

Are you a new rider? If so you'll eventually get rid of the tingley feeling after you ride more and loosen up. That's how it was for me anyway...

I haven't found the need to buy any accesories so far to reduce vibrations because I'm usually find now when cruising on the freeway in 6th.

Old 09-05-2006, 09:15 PM

I'll look into those bar ends and see what they are going for I was going to change mine out anyway so those might be the option!

I'm not a new rider I have been riding motorcycles for some time now this is just my first sport bike I have had crusers the whole time and the vibrations in those were barily noticeable.

Nick

Old 09-05-2006, 10:23 PM

It's a high winding 600. So the way you get rid of the vibrations is not to wind it out.

Seriously. Loosening up on the grips will eliminate 99% of your issues. Heavy bar ends and thick gloves are a band-aid.

I have delrin bar sliders (lighter than stock bar ends), progrips and kangaroo skin gloves. For some reason I manage to be able to do six hours in the saddle with no problems. The only reason I upgraded to ProGrips is because they are "sticky" and my stockers needed replacing.

Old 09-06-2006, 12:12 AM

6 hours in the saddle! Thats craaazy. I wish I can do the same. I can't even ride mine longer than an hour without my hands go numb from vibrations. Bar ends fix it a bit but it never go away completely.

Old 09-06-2006, 02:12 AM

[8D] Cool thanks guys at least it's not just me or my bike. I did loosen up my grip a bit when I started to notice it and that did help alot so we'll just see how it goes!

Blackdog
WOW 6hours I don't think I have ever ridden for that long! I don't think I wold even think I would want too, well maybe!

Nick

Old 09-06-2006, 02:37 AM

The HVMP bar ends aren't available right now. I just tried ordering some and they refunded my money because they weren't in stock.

Make sure you don't have some aftermarket AL bar ends. If you do, replace them with stock bar ends, that should help. That was my problem. I got some fancy pancy aftermarket AL bar ends and they increased the vibration to the point that I went back to stock.

Old 09-06-2006, 02:43 AM

Like Brian AZ says only hvmp bar ends can help and only 50% !
But also it is important to do what Blackdog says, loose up the grips.

Old 09-06-2006, 11:09 AM

The trick is to be physically fit.

You need to be able to hold your body up without your hands. When you are moving down the road, adjust your torso so it catches a little wind. This takes some of the pressure off your back. Then you just tighten up your abs and back and you have almost no weight on your hands. Placing weight on your palms and wrists is what makes your hands go numb. It used to happen on my mountain bike, and I know no bar ends in the world will help that.

This month I am going to make a six hour run to Deal's Gap (I hope). You stop to grab a drink or use the bathroom (and fuel), and strech often, but it really isn't that bad. You do have to work up to it. Just spend more and more time on the bike.

My twisties are more than a hour away, so whenever I go backroad burning it takes me a little while to get there. Four or five hours is a normal ride for me. My *** did get numb before I got my Corbin saddle, now it just gets a little tired like sitting in a desk chair all day.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Vibrations?