F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Vandalism Totalled My F4i...

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 04:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vandalism Totalled My F4i...

Mostly a lurker to this forum, but thought I'd share my heartbreak with you all and make a post...

Took my 06 F4i to the recent Florida vs. Auburn football game in Gainesville a few weekends ago.... All is well as I parked it at my brothers apartment complex in a spot....

Went to watch the game, came home, and I see thatshe is still safe and sound in the parking spot. I was tired and decided some sleep would be nice so around 12:00AM, I headed for bed and was only asleep for about an hour when one of my brother's roommates woke me up. "Dude, I just got back from the store and noticed that your bike is all ****ed up and definately not where u parked it."

Damn....

I rushed downstairs in a fit of rage, knowing damn well it was not going to be pretty... I found her on the sidewalk, battered and bruised about6 feet from where I parked her. So, I figure one of two scenarios went down.

1. Somebody pulled into a spot they thought was empty at a high rate of speed, completelylaunching the bike OVER the parking stop and onto the sidewalk onto its side. Only then proceeding to say "oh ****!" and speed off like a ****ing piece of **** coward.

2. Drunk ******** in a "hateresque" fashion decided that people cannot own nice things, therefore smashing and kicking and ghostriding my bike around.

Seems every plastic panel was scratched\cracked, the front fairing stays were bent to the point i couldn't turn the handlebars full lock, the muffler was crushed like a soda can, right rearturn signal dangling, footpeg bent, cracked case cover, everything just damaged..... I couldnt even drive it home, I had to lay her down in the back of a Uhaul van and take it back to Tampa that way.

Insurance totalled it and I managed to salvage some parts (which are 4 sale in the parts 4 sale forum) (watsen signals, pazzo levers, xenondepot hid kit, oem toolkit, oem radiator)
I am heartbroken, but also glad it was insured.

Comments?

Thanks
-Chris

Old 10-16-2007, 05:08 PM
Registered Users
Default RE: Vandalism Totalled My F4i...

damn man, i am sorry to hear that....right now i park in my garage at my condo and it's a HUGE lot....we have quite a few college kids that live in my condo (next to a university) and have had some problems with drunk people running around....it scares the crap out of me when i work on my bike and have it up on stands in a semi-private garage.....i hate dumb people...i find that as i get older, my tolerance for people decreases....people like that are the scourge of society and deserve to be shipped off to some island somewhere where they can't hurt anyone...ugh....well...at least you got your money on it...you gonna get a new bike...which one....wish the best man, take care!

just a side note....after hearing horror stories on the board...i don't think i could EVER leave my baby out on a public street over night....EVER.....even the semi-private garage spooks me....can't wait until i get a house with a garage again.....even when i ride to hang with people....i insist on putting it somewhere slightly hidden, be that in the backyard or in their garage....if not....i hang outside by the bike and promptly take her home after...i have and am investing too much money in it to have it destroyed by idiot people....

Old 10-16-2007, 05:18 PM

Getting another bike is not in my current plans right now. (I feel like I have to let the bad mojo pass....) Also,I have a $3,200 credit card debt I am currently working on and I will wait till that is all gone b4 purchasing another bike.

I would like another F4i, but i do believe I will spring for an 08-09 Yamaha Midnight Warrior

-Chris

Old 10-16-2007, 05:23 PM
Registered Users

i understand the mojo thing....i would be pissed for a long time....like i said...i have invested almost $1500 into my bike already with probably a LOT more coming....so i would be crazy upset....

it would be sad for you to leave the honda community but i have to admit that warrior is a sweet bike....the guy teaching my MSF course had one and could do the driving test on it which i couldn't believe.....that thing's a beast....but 1670cc....from a 600.....that's a huge jump there brother...be safe!

Old 10-16-2007, 05:29 PM

Yeah the jump in CCs will be something to get used to, but I figure after clocking 15,000 miles on the F4i, maybe it won't be too much of a task....at least I hope!!
Plus, I won't be leaving the Honda community as a whole anytime soon, as I am a full time Acura technician and own a Honda car as well...LoL, I may never escape!

-Chris

P.S. The moral of this story for anyone who reads it,is FULL COVERAGEINSURANCE!

Old 10-16-2007, 08:16 PM

ORIGINAL: ffingers

damn man, i am sorry to hear that....right now i park in my garage at my condo and it's a HUGE lot....we have quite a few college kids that live in my condo (next to a university) and have had some problems with drunk people running around....it scares the crap out of me when i work on my bike and have it up on stands in a semi-private garage.....i hate dumb people...i find that as i get older, my tolerance for people decreases....people like that are the scourge of society and deserve to be shipped off to some island somewhere where they can't hurt anyone...ugh....well...at least you got your money on it...you gonna get a new bike...which one....wish the best man, take care!

just a side note....after hearing horror stories on the board...i don't think i could EVER leave my baby out on a public street over night....EVER.....even the semi-private garage spooks me....can't wait until i get a house with a garage again.....even when i ride to hang with people....i insist on putting it somewhere slightly hidden, be that in the backyard or in their garage....if not....i hang outside by the bike and promptly take her home after...i have and am investing too much money in it to have it destroyed by idiot people....
You just stated everything that pisses me off when I go to school everyday. I am worried sick about my bike being messed with. You just can't have anything nice without worrying about some dip screwing it up. Plus, kids just have no respect for things.

BTW, insurance is a lifesaver. I'd never consider anything less than full coverage.

Old 10-16-2007, 08:32 PM

sorry to hear about your bike man, hope you catch those bastards

Old 10-16-2007, 10:18 PM

That sucks.I worry about that same thing all the time..Peaple screwing with my bike..

At home she sleeps in a locked and alarmed garage with my other car..But during the day she is in a parking lot..
Some *** cut my helmet off my bike one day(found it laying on the ground)..Bought a new helmet and a scorpio alarm.Now i know when someone is near it and it goes off before they get real close to it(and alerts me)..

Old 10-17-2007, 01:14 AM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal

The FIRST night I went off to college I had my first bike a 1973 Honda CB350 and parked it outside my complex in a spot some #$()*#$ retard hit it with their car thinking the spot was empty, i know it was a guy because whoever it was atleast had the respect to pick it up and put it back on it's kickstand.. although they didnt have the ***** to put a note on it or anything else. it sucked but I learned a lesson if i ever put my bike in a parking spot i park it so far in the back of the spot it sticks out even past big trucks or SUV's so any socker mom or other person who never pays any attention when driving will see it before they even start turning into the spot.

sucks to hear about your F4i but atleast you have full insurance.

Old 10-17-2007, 01:48 AM
July 2008 ROTM

You should go back to the insurance company and snag me a bunch of little random misc **** that my bike is missing =P

In all seriousness, that sucks something major. I don't want to know what I would do if I ever found my bike in that condition, especially with the history I have with it. Glad to hear it was insured and you are not at a total loss, and best of luck with your debt and new bike whenever that comes :thumbsup:

Quick Reply: Vandalism Totalled My F4i...