F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

URGENT! NEED INPUT on a bike @ auction TOMORROW 2001 F4i- Needs alot of work...whats it worth? HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2008, 08:31 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: URGENT! NEED INPUT on a bike @ auction TOMORROW 2001 F4i- Needs alot of work...whats it worth? H

current shape try n get it for $2k or less, you can find both seats for $100 or less if ya look around, $150 at most. windscreen $30 - $40, clean the brakes up, replace rear pads, tires will work, look like cheap touring tires.

Its a good start on a nice bike tho.

Old 05-09-2008, 09:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: URGENT! NEED INPUT on a bike @ auction TOMORROW 2001 F4i- Needs alot of work...whats it worth? H

I wouldn't pay more than 2k either. I would shop around if I were you. I found an 02 F4i for $2500 with 5000 miles on it. And its not even stock. Blacked out with the decals, double bubble, carbon fiber flush mounts, aftermarket exhaust. You get my point. Doesn't need a thing. Title is salvage from damaged plastics but it came from an authorized dealer and they fixed her up. Salvage titles aren't always bad by the way. Good deals are everywhere, you just have to be patient and search around. Just look for someone who's looking to upgrade and doesn't really care, or for people who need cash. You always get the best deals from them. Good luck.

Old 05-09-2008, 10:32 PM

I'd go with the Elite 80 to the right of it before I would mess with that. That is set #2 on the fairings, it has been laid down 2+ times, tires are junk, brakes are junk, get the Elite 80. Unless you can get it for $1000 and part it out.

Old 05-09-2008, 10:42 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My bike was pretty bad. I got it for $1500. Got $2200 into it. The right side fairing has a little rash and the tail is cracked. I buy junk always have bought wrecked ones and fixed them up. It's cheaper. I wouldn't touch it. Clutch?? What happened to it?? I would have to say not a penny more than $1300.

Old 05-10-2008, 01:32 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

U guys seem to forget that a clutch is considered a wear item. Honda bills 2.5 labor hours for it. I've seena mechnic do. it in 20 minutes. But nevertheless, you gotta look under the bodywork to get the real story on that bike. Rust is rust and a sign of a neglected bike.

Check that it runs and frame/ swingarm/ wheels are true. Check steering head bearings and check that the steering stops are intact. Missing or banged up steering stops will tell you alot about how bad it was crashed.

Hondas are VERY crash worthy. I would be weary crashing anything else.

Old 05-10-2008, 03:48 PM

Well then, after more research I decided $1500 tops for this. After talking to a few dealers there, some other guys with bikes that knew what they were talking about they were all going to go to about $1200 max. Started nice but the clutch was completely gone, the guy had it in first with the clutch out and was revving it and the bike wouldnt even move at all! A bunch of ghetto thugs bidded it up to $2300 and it sold. Another GSXR (2004) which was wrecked pretty good with a bent tank and the whole side scraped to **** went for $3000 and a 2002 R6 that wouldnt turn over with unknown miles went for $2900. The only good deal IMO was a 2005 Hyosung 650s that went for 2500, never been layed down and looked pretty clean. Had I done more research on that type of bike I may have bidded on that....oh well the search continues!

Old 05-10-2008, 06:11 PM

Bought my ole ladies 01 F4i with 8K miles on it back in December. Someone told me a guy about 2miles from my house had one sitting in his garage that he hasnt touched in 10months. So i went to look at it and listen to how much he wanted for it...Anyways, found out it was MINT and it would run but wouldnt hold an idle. So i told him i wasnt giving him what he wanted, and he wanted $2500 for it.....Basically i walked away paying a little less than 2K for it....Took it home, changed all the fluids, ran some injector cleaner throught it, and WOW she has been running like a top dog ever since......Best little bit of money i ever spent.....With that being said, i know i got a descent deal, but honestly it depends on what the buyer is willing to spend. The right person and the right time is what its going to take......I would sell hers and make a little profit, but she will not let me, LoL......=-)

This was the day i brought it home, dust on it and all...=-)
Name:  DSCN0158.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  79.9 KB

Name:  DSCN0161.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  68.0 KB

They look soo sexy together.....F4i and 954, yummy!!!!
Name:  both2.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  75.6 KB

Old 05-10-2008, 06:14 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: ReSpEcT

Bought my ole ladies 01 F4i with 8K miles on it back in December. Someone told me a guy about 2miles from my house had one sitting in his garage that he hasnt touched in 10months. So i went to look at it and listen to how much he wanted for it...Anyways, found out it was MINT and it would run but wouldnt hold an idle. So i told him i wasnt giving him what he wanted, and he wanted $2500 for it.....Basically i walked away paying a little less than 2K for it....Took it home, changed all the fluids, ran some injector cleaner throught it, and WOW she has been running like a top dog ever since......Best little bit of money i ever spent.....With that being said, i know i got a descent deal, but honestly it depends on what the buyer is willing to spend. The right person and the right time is what its going to take......I would sell hers and make a little profit, but she will not let me, LoL......=-)

deal hell you robbed that dude lol

Old 05-10-2008, 07:22 PM

ORIGINAL: PlayfulGod

ORIGINAL: ReSpEcT

deal hell you robbed that dude lol
word...i'm still looking for that kind of "perfect storm" deal on a F4i.

Old 05-10-2008, 08:10 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: on_ice

A bunch of ghetto thugs bidded it up to $2300 and it sold.
I guess the "Ghetto Thugs" wanted it more than you. (sarcastic)

Quick Reply: URGENT! NEED INPUT on a bike @ auction TOMORROW 2001 F4i- Needs alot of work...whats it worth? HELP!