F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Unhappy with Auctmarts fairings

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2011, 11:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that sux man, sorry to hear about your experience. it seems like the only thing they are worried about is negative feedback lol

Originally Posted by Dragondima
Sure, if we all walked around with wads of money. The reason these companies are able to sell is because they found a loophole, sure. That doesn't make us any less valuable as customers, and it sure as hell doesn't make us care about good service. I'm still debating between CBRFairings.com and Delkevic.us, so i'd rather get insight on that.
i went with cbrfairings and i gotta say i was surprised to see how good the paint was

Old 02-23-2011, 01:45 AM

There just going to toy with you tell the 45 days is up then your just suck with what you got.

Old 02-23-2011, 08:27 AM

I think i pissed one of them off.

I emailed them a link to this thread in hopes they'll help Vegas, and i think it did it's purpose.

This is the response i got from them.

"you know what, we are sending him 3 extra pieces for replacement parts, we do not stand behind our mistake, we are solving the problem with him.

regards
auctmarts"

I'm sure he meant we "we do stand" not "we do not stand" so i'll forgive their proofreading abilities. Hopefully they'll make it right for you bud!

In my case, i'll just go ahead and order from CBRFairings.com Delkevic is nice, but their a bit pricey, it's only a $50 difference, but if you send them before and after shots they refund you 25 bucks. $75 is a few beers, an oil change, and gas money for a week.

Last edited by Dragondima; 02-23-2011 at 08:30 AM.
Old 02-23-2011, 09:08 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In all honesty, I would be ecstatic to get two sets of fairings for the price of one... even if I had to wait a little longer and one of the sets didn't match exactly.

You knew originally, when ordering from China, it could potentially be quite a wait. There have been people who waited up to a month to recieve a single set of HK fairings.

Also, most companies would have made you send back the ones you weren't happy with; which would've cost you A LOT!

Auctmarts is sending you additional pieces. You are coming out with almost 2 full sets of fairings for ~$500. Granted, you are having to wait... If it was that important that you had something ASAP; you probably shouldn't have gone with a Hong-Kong based company.

Just my $0.02

Personally; since you are getting the tank painted anyway... why not take the nose in as well and get the nose and tank painted to match the yellow on the side fairing? Then, when your replacements come in; sell them to recoup the extra you spend on painting the nose + quite a bit more $$$.

Last edited by nowensby; 02-23-2011 at 09:11 AM.
Old 02-23-2011, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by nowensby
In all honesty, I would be ecstatic to get two sets of fairings for the price of one... even if I had to wait a little longer and one of the sets didn't match exactly.

You knew originally, when ordering from China, it could potentially be quite a wait. There have been people who waited up to a month to recieve a single set of HK fairings.

Also, most companies would have made you send back the ones you weren't happy with; which would've cost you A LOT!

Auctmarts is sending you additional pieces. You are coming out with almost 2 full sets of fairings for ~$500. Granted, you are having to wait... If it was that important that you had something ASAP; you probably shouldn't have gone with a Hong-Kong based company.

Just my $0.02

Personally; since you are getting the tank painted anyway... why not take the nose in as well and get the nose and tank painted to match the yellow on the side fairing? Then, when your replacements come in; sell them to recoup the extra you spend on painting the nose + quite a bit more $$$.
I don't think they are just sending him another set, i think they're sending him replacements, and expecting the other parts returned. Also it's a hassle, and just poor performance by then as a company.

Old 02-23-2011, 11:01 AM

"3 extra pieces"

...sounds to me like they aren't expecting anything in return. I'm just saying, it sounds like the company is trying to make it right.

Also, he will have to return the items if he expects to get anywhere with his CC company, PP or eBay. ...and that shipping will probably cost more than getting the nose painted.

Old 02-23-2011, 11:03 AM

Don't get me wrong; I'm not defending the company sending mis-matched parts. I do think I would be happy with them trying to resolve, especially if they are sending "3 extra pieces"

Maybe all the sets in this scheme have slightly off colored noses and they are painted one to match for him... that could be the delay.

Regardless, Auctmarts could've just said, "if you don't like it, send it back and we'll refund your money less shipping" like many other companies do.

Old 02-23-2011, 12:28 PM

I see what you're saying, it's hard to say until Vegas tells us haha. For my personal purposes, i learned not to buy from Auctmarts, and not to recommend them. The rest is water under the bridge.

Old 02-23-2011, 01:44 PM

Yeah... I went with Delkevic based on good reviews vs mixed reviews about Auctmarts... Plus Delkevic ships from the states.

Old 02-23-2011, 08:00 PM

Well they say they are trying to make it right. I hope they do and it really does not matter to me about extra fairing pieces... I just want what I paid for.

It took almost 4 weeks to get the fairings in the first place. now the replacements are going to take up to 5 weeks. If they tell me two weeks and for some reason it was going to be longer, then they should have emailed me and told me. Instead, I emailed them to remind them 2 weeks had come and gone.

I will not pay for return shipping of the mismatched set unless it is for a full refund. The way I see it is; It's their mistake for boxing up and shipping me this mismatched set. They can refund my money and I pay to ship this back on the cheapest ship floating to Hong Kong or they can ship me a matching upper cowl like I paid for. If they want their mismatched part back... send someone to come and pick it up. Either way is fine by me. I would have liked to have this taken care of in the two week time frame that the seller promised but he lied about that so why should i believe him about the next time frame? In the end I can always demand a refund from my credit card company and ship this fiasco back to China.

You are right about buying things from HK... one should expect a wait. One month is already on the edge of a reasonable wait time and I did expect to wait that long but not TWO MONTHS. I also think that one should expect that a full fairing kit, that required 3 weeks to paint should have matching paint.

Any seller should take care of his customers when the seller has made a mistake and do what he said he will do to make things right. Any time a seller lies to a customer or misleads them about time frames, he is going to have an unhappy customer. That is the case here he said 2 weeks and now it's going to take much longer and I am an unhappy customer.

Last edited by LasVegasHarley; 02-23-2011 at 08:17 PM.

Quick Reply: Unhappy with Auctmarts fairings