F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

undertail kit question

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2007, 09:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: undertail kit question

ORIGINAL: krash

I cut most of the trunk out, made a new pan out of sheet metal, formed it and bent it, relocated the trunk lock.
painted it, and there you have it.

there is actually a tutorial on another site
http://cbrworld.net/forums/thread/109887.aspx
so you still have the same amount of trunk space as before the mod? i read through the link but wasnt sure, kinda looks like you lose some space. sorry to thread jack.

Old 06-10-2007, 10:57 PM

Krash is that white rectangle put all the way in there your license plate? seems like it wouldn't be very visible if it is.... I LIKE!

Old 06-10-2007, 11:38 PM

90.00 ebay!

Old 06-11-2007, 12:34 AM

yes, that white space is my plate. If you are standing right behind the bike, you cant see it. but if you are sitting in a car behind it you can see it just fine.

It does cut out some trunk space, but I still managed to fit a Power commander, a speedo healer, a tool kit, a tire repair kit, a disk lock, the small manual, and a tire pressure gauge all in there at once. plus I still had some room to spare for small stuff if I wanted. I even put my cell phone and wallet in there on occasion.

Old 06-11-2007, 03:04 AM

thanks for all the info

Old 06-11-2007, 05:23 AM

I went to a local fab shop that fabs sheet metal, and aluminum. the guy told me to get him the new LED light and he will fab the rest around it for 35 bucks, pretty good deal, plus I am relocating the plate to the swing arm, I love that look. It might not be DOT but **** it

Old 06-11-2007, 04:01 PM

I still love my cheap $10 DIY

How did you do that?

Old 06-11-2007, 06:39 PM

It does cut out some trunk space, but I still managed to fit a Power commander, a speedo healer, a tool kit, a tire repair kit, a disk lock, the small manual, and a tire pressure gauge all in there at once. plus I still had some room to spare for small stuff if I wanted. I even put my cell phone and wallet in there on occasion.
cool, doesnt sound like you lost much room at all. i work in a sheet metal shop and weve got 22 ga just lying around that we never use. looks like i might be doing a little "i hope the boss doesnt see" project.

Old 06-11-2007, 06:55 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: td3692

cool, doesnt sound like you lost much room at all. i work in a sheet metal shop and weve got 22 ga just lying around that we never use. looks like i might be doing a little "i hope the boss doesnt see" project.

lmao "whatcha making" *throws metal under table* "uh uh uhhhh, uh pre-cuts!"

Old 06-11-2007, 08:45 PM

ORIGINAL: jaynd

lmao "whatcha making" *throws metal under table* "uh uh uhhhh, uh pre-cuts!"
shoot. ive made so much stuff out of all the scrap we got and havent had any problems yet. if we have to make certain peoples useless junk for them, why cant i do it too.

Quick Reply: undertail kit question