F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Undertail that keeps Stock Light

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2007, 05:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Undertail that keeps Stock Light

Hey,I was just wondering if there is an undertail that I can buy that retains the stock taillight instead of the motogp style lights. I already have a CA Integrated tail light so I'm not looking to replace it with the motogp style.

I saw that Pimpbike.com sells one at http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HONDA...QQcmdZViewItem...but I think it's fiberglass and I don't know how well it matches the bike or whether I need to do a whole lot of trimming - anyone have experience with the Pimpbike undertails?

Thanks!

Old 05-03-2007, 05:33 PM
Default RE: Undertail that keeps Stock Light

pretty sure hotbodies makes one, may depend on what year your F4i is

MotoGP bikes don't have brake lights btw

Old 05-03-2007, 05:42 PM

I have exactly what that undertail looks like. I did buy it used though, so I can't say 100% for sure that it is the same, but it sure looks like it. Yes, it is fiberglass. I had my bike repainted the orginal '99 yellow and had this painted with it, so I knew it would match. Very easy undertail to put on. I did add though a hugger after I installed the undertail, because I getting a few stone chips on the undertail. The tricky part is the licenses plate light. You can do one of two things. Cut a slot in the factory tail light, right above the plate.(there is a slot in the undertail for the light to shine through) and then glue a clear lense over the slot, you cut into the taillight. Or, I made a license plate light out of a pair of white LED's, that I made a light fixture for out of .060 aluminum that I polished to a mirror finish to reflect the light. This light fixture is above the undertail slot and a clear lense I made protects it all from water and dust. Works well, love it.

Old 05-03-2007, 05:51 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i believe the hotbodies one keeps the stock light, although there are fitting issues that need a little foam to fix. Search the forum for the fix, someone has posted pics

Old 05-03-2007, 07:12 PM

Dave can you post some pics of your undertail and your license plate light mod? Right now I have a fender eliminator which i made out of sheet metal and didn't bother with the license plate light so I'm not too concerned about mounting one when I replace this bracket with an undertail. Also do you have any problems with the fiberglass? I just heard that ABS Plastic is better than fiberglass...I don't know if it's anything to be worried about though.

Old 05-03-2007, 07:19 PM

ORIGINAL: woodyracing

pretty sure hotbodies makes one, may depend on what year your F4i is

MotoGP bikes don't have brake lights btw
Nope, just went to the hotbodiesracing website, they only make one type of undertail and it's for the 01-03 F4i, and it doesn't even retain the stock light.

Old 05-03-2007, 07:53 PM

i just ordered one off of ebay from a guy named artfibras. he makes all of the undertials he sells. not only does it keep the factory light, but it also has the undertray molded into it, so you dont have to hack your stock one up. you just take out the stock undertray and replace it with this one. plus, he matches the paint to what ever stock color you have. it cost me about 150 bucks shipped, but its form brazil, so itll take a week or two to get here. as soon as i get it, ill let you know if i would recommend it or not.
________
Mexico hotels

Last edited by axsys; 05-04-2011 at 10:42 PM.
Old 05-03-2007, 09:43 PM

Mark, I went out just now and took pics. I am unable to post them here, but I can email them to you. PM me if you like andI will send the pics.

Old 05-03-2007, 10:41 PM

there is a lot of those undertails. i have one like that. i think that the stock clear led light looks better than any custom undertail lights anyway.

this is the one i have, second down
http://www.exoticsportbike.com/cbr_600_f4i.htm

Old 05-03-2007, 11:00 PM

Ah see I'm looking for one for the '06 F4i w/o any blinker on it or anything since I have the integrated CA taillight. So if there are any others resembling the Pimpbike undertail let me know.

Quick Reply: Undertail that keeps Stock Light