F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Undertail/Fender Eliminator??

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2006, 12:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Undertail/Fender Eliminator??

New guy here still trying to absorb everything about me bike and other who own 'em. Just had a quick question as to what the difference is between the undertail way or the fender eliminator. Let me know what you "experts" think. Thanks

Old 01-25-2006, 12:37 PM
Default RE: Undertail/Fender Eliminator??

Well there is not too much difference. The purpose is to remove the stupid black tail for the license plate.

Old 01-25-2006, 02:38 PM

With that understood, what is the difference.....would you say more of a personal prefernce or what? Plus another thing, would you know the different benefits from one to the other? Just wondering cause ive seen the different ones on your bike (which looks awesome) as well as the other bikes.

Old 01-25-2006, 11:04 PM

the way i look at it is that undertails are complete plastic/fiberglass pieces that replace the black "tray" that is stock and usually get rid of the turn signals in place of flushmounts, all in one kit(replacing the whole part UNDER the TAIL). on the other hand, you have fender eliminators, which you replace the tray with that keeps the stock lights and everything, but makes it alot smaller (eliiminating the "fender" part of the tray).

basically, an undertail is one that is usually painted the same color of the bike and is really smooth, while a fender eliminator is just a smaller version of the stock plastic piece. hope that helps!
________
Kitchen Measures

Last edited by axsys; 05-04-2011 at 10:26 PM.
Old 01-26-2006, 01:54 AM

Typically with a fully painted undertail its recommend that you also get a rear wheel hugger to prevent rocks, et. al. from popping up and scratching your perfectly painted undertail.

My first attempt at trying to make the moped looking tail section of my F4i look like a sport bike included removing all of the goofy reflectors and hacking about 8 inches off the rear fender with a dremmel. I then relocated the license plate bracket and light as high up as possible on what was left of the rear fender. It turned out pretty good. It looks much better, but not as good as it could. I'll buy some parts to replace the stock fender eventually, but I (and some others on this forum) aren't big fans of the standard Hotbodies undertails. Those big round lights should be on a Volkswagen, not a Honda.

Old 01-26-2006, 05:17 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kiggy, do you have any pics or your handy work? I am trying to decide what to do as well with this matter.

Old 01-26-2006, 11:04 AM

I'm going to try to put on my rim stripes tonight and I plan to take some pics then. I'll get a pic of the tail at the same time.

Old 01-26-2006, 12:36 PM

Well kiggy and axsys those are both very helpful to my "inexperienced" bike knowledge. It does help as to what i now know i have to do in terms of "fixing" that eyesore of a fender.

Old 01-26-2006, 06:23 PM

ORIGINAL: Bunz15

Well kiggy and axsys those are both very helpful to my "inexperienced" bike knowledge. It does help as to what i now know i have to do in terms of "fixing" that eyesore of a fender.
glad we could help, let us know what you end up doing and put up some pictures!
________
Uggs

Last edited by axsys; 05-04-2011 at 10:27 PM.
Old 01-26-2006, 06:39 PM

I will let you know, but im still trying to find different types of undertails/eliminators....I was trying to find out if hotbodies made any tails for the 05 f4i but as of now they dont know of any plans to do so...so that sucks. So hopefully i can find something that i like here in the next week or so so i am able to get it and put it on before the "season" comes up.

Quick Reply: Undertail/Fender Eliminator??