Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 03:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default looking for the stock undertail/rear fender

i am looking for the stock undertail/rear fender kit for my 03 cbr600 f4i
i got my bike used and it just has two integrated led light pods
they are not bright everybody that rides with me says they cant tell
when i am braking. I got the service manual and it shows one brake/tail
light and two turn signal pods along with the rear fender. where can i get the stock kit? any good websites?

Old 07-15-2009, 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by Joey_f4i
Yea, thats exactly where I located the plate, I fabed a bracket to hold my plate just above the chainguard.

You might wanna PM Jmclmorrow, he is currently installing a pimpbikes undertail and i'm pretty sure he will be lookin for a swing-arm plate holder.
BTW, how much do you charge for said piece? and would you happen to have any pics?
My plate holder works just fine but its made of steel-ties and was only supposed to be a temp solution till I found a nice chain-guard or swing-arm plate holder.
Ill shoot you a PM, that sounds exactly like what I need. I finished installing my undertail after I got home from work last night and I love it! Big thanks to you Joey, you helped me out a lot. Ill post some new picures today of it, ill probably post pics of my whole bike as well since it is supposed to be very nice out today!

Old 07-15-2009, 09:26 AM

i just made my own plate bracket and put a bolt through the fiberglass.

Old 07-15-2009, 11:30 AM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Jmclmorrow
Ill shoot you a PM, that sounds exactly like what I need. I finished installing my undertail after I got home from work last night and I love it! Big thanks to you Joey, you helped me out a lot. Ill post some new picures today of it, ill probably post pics of my whole bike as well since it is supposed to be very nice out today!
No prob Jmclmorrow!
Glad I was of help,
post em pictures up so we can see than sweeeeeet undertail
Cheers!

Old 07-15-2009, 12:14 PM

Joey.. Its a billet aluminum plate holder. It has CBR engraved in the side arm of it. Asking 60 shipped.. It can be found here: https://cbrforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=96307

I already emailed Jmclmorrow, waiting for a reply.

Old 07-15-2009, 11:08 PM

Yo F4iRider, here's a few pics of my pimpbikes installed.
Fit was great, and the pimpbikes company is really customer service oriented, great help before, after and while I installed the undertail. I came across a snag and was a bit confused when I was trying to put the lock key in place, gave em a call, and they gladly diffused the problem for me. Explained everything and before I could say ALAKAZAM, bam I was done.
Highly recommend it. Makes the bike look SUPA clean.

What kind of integrated taillight cluster is that?

Blinkers are included in that light correct? Looks sweet with it being clear!

I plan on mounting my plate on the battery box and why doesn't anyone else see this as a good idea? You plate can be seen when headlights are shined on it.

Old 07-16-2009, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by VTcbr
What kind of integrated taillight cluster is that?

Blinkers are included in that light correct? Looks sweet with it being clear!

I plan on mounting my plate on the battery box and why doesn't anyone else see this as a good idea? You plate can be seen when headlights are shined on it.
Its a clear integrated tail-light. The light itself works both as brake light and blinkers, the light itself is very bright while braking and signaling in the day which is crucial.
At night, well you can see from the pics, I had to adjust the camera to a indoor mode instead of night-time mode so I could get a good shot of it and not be flashed by the light.
Mind you thats just in idle, when the brake light is applied its much brighter.
You can purchase it at D2Moto.com, I think for $45-$55 bones shipped.

As for the plate placement, I recommend you simply check it out with your local PD, I mounted my plate on a self-fabricated chain guard mount with a 3 LED strip for illumination and then took it to a couple buds of mine that are PD officers and both cleared me good to go. I'm pretty sure that if its clearly visible and illuminated you should have no prob with authorities, but just check it out with them when you decide to move your plates.
Also, just recently, I went for my new inspection sticker and the mechanics there cleared it as well.
As for mounting it on the battery box, one could say that its personal preference, and my preference is not to mount it there mainly because its not as visible as it is on the swing-arm. Its partially blocked by the rear wheel and tire, so I decided to go with the side-mount.
Either way, if you decide to mount it there anyways, have an officer take a gander at it just to be sure.

Old 07-17-2009, 01:37 AM

Its a clear integrated tail-light. The light itself works both as brake light and blinkers, the light itself is very bright while braking and signaling in the day which is crucial.
At night, well you can see from the pics, I had to adjust the camera to a indoor mode instead of night-time mode so I could get a good shot of it and not be flashed by the light.
Mind you thats just in idle, when the brake light is applied its much brighter.
You can purchase it at D2Moto.com, I think for $45-$55 bones shipped.

As for the plate placement, I recommend you simply check it out with your local PD, I mounted my plate on a self-fabricated chain guard mount with a 3 LED strip for illumination and then took it to a couple buds of mine that are PD officers and both cleared me good to go. I'm pretty sure that if its clearly visible and illuminated you should have no prob with authorities, but just check it out with them when you decide to move your plates.
Also, just recently, I went for my new inspection sticker and the mechanics there cleared it as well.
As for mounting it on the battery box, one could say that its personal preference, and my preference is not to mount it there mainly because its not as visible as it is on the swing-arm. Its partially blocked by the rear wheel and tire, so I decided to go with the side-mount.
Either way, if you decide to mount it there anyways, have an officer take a gander at it just to be sure.

Maan,

That's the cheapest (price wise) integrated i've found so far and i've been sniffing around for a few weeks here. How bright is the running light? Most others go for at least 100 green backs! Does it look cheap in any sense? DOT stamped? I'm pretty much sold on this one,

Thanks

Old 07-17-2009, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by VTcbr
Maan,

That's the cheapest (price wise) integrated i've found so far and i've been sniffing around for a few weeks here. How bright is the running light? Most others go for at least 100 green backs! Does it look cheap in any sense? DOT stamped? I'm pretty much sold on this one,

Thanks
Like I had posted earlier, its plenty bright during the day which is most crucial, and even brighter at night.
I just checked, and it looks like they bumped the price a smidgen, the actual price is $49.99 +$9.90shipping, so the price is still pretty cheap.
Its Dot approved and ready to go, the quality is superb for the price.
Get em while there hot!
Recommended buy.

Old 07-17-2009, 11:31 AM
April 2011 Ride of the Month

Like I had posted earlier, its plenty bright during the day which is most crucial, and even brighter at night.
I just checked, and it looks like they bumped the price a smidgen, the actual price is $49.99 +$9.90shipping, so the price is still pretty cheap.
Its Dot approved and ready to go, the quality is superb for the price.
Get em while there hot!
Recommended buy.
where can i get the undertail (if i decide to get they intigrated tail light)?

how much is it?

Quick Reply: Undertail?