F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

underGLOW

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2008, 01:20 AM
July 2008 ROTM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: underGLOW

ORIGINAL: ny450

i was thinkin about going with a white led kit to accent the bike and increase visability without pissing off the cops...anyone have links to non-ghetto kits that would work well with our bike?
http://www.oznium.com is THE site for lights, IMO. I've known the owner since he started the business, and actually worked at their location for a while in 2006. While there aren't any "kits", you can easily just pick a few products that will fit in the areas you want to put them, and wire them up. It's pretty simple, just takes a little time.

Old 05-14-2008, 05:59 AM
Banned

NO. Please.

But if safety is your main concern one of the members did an Audi R8 typestring of whiteLEDs as a headlight mod (I forget who...anybody?) and they look very nice. Maybe that or something similar may be what you are looking for. But the glow thing is justsilly (no offense to those that like it).

Old 05-14-2008, 08:40 AM

underGAY!

Old 05-14-2008, 10:19 AM
Old 05-14-2008, 10:20 AM

ORIGINAL: fishfryer527

NO. Please.

But if safety is your main concern one of the members did an Audi R8 typestring of whiteLEDs as a headlight mod (I forget who...anybody?) and they look very nice. Maybe that or something similar may be what you are looking for. But the glow thing is justsilly (no offense to those that like it).
blue fox did it (on foxy 2.0)

Old 05-14-2008, 10:43 AM
Registered Users

yeah it was Fox...

i respect those who don't personally like it...but it isn't always ghetto, and it isn't always crapily done....

yes i have seen some incredibly horrible LED lighting jobs that are either too over the top or just poorly done....i have also seem some classy things done that just look awesome...

like anything, it's a matter of use...if you are going to shows and need a big thing like that or are showing off your lighting ability....yeah it may not look good to us but it has a different purpose...some people, like myself, want a little more visibility (i don't have a ton, i just glow lightly) plus i like the trick look of it...it's not over the top at all.....

so i say do it, but do it tastefully and keep in mind the reason you are doing it....

have fun!

Old 05-14-2008, 11:17 AM

its just to ricey for me.....i try to stay away from the whole fast and he furious look. they do look cool...dont get me wrong...just not for me.

Old 05-14-2008, 11:28 AM
Registered Users

see, i don't necessarily think you can compare ricey cars to bikes....in that all bikes in their own right are sort of "ricey"...i mean they are fast, we keep them spotless, we put stickers all over them, we want things to match...i mean...over the top lighting yes....but just subtle stuff i think is far from ricey...but that's just me.....

don't forget "ricey" came from import cars (HONDA) that were "tricked out"....i'm just sayin

Old 05-14-2008, 12:10 PM

ORIGINAL: ffingers
....but just subtle stuff i think is far from ricey..
+1 nice accent lighting looks good. thats why i re-did mine

Old 05-14-2008, 01:46 PM

My setup is for both...

Moderately over the top (although you can't see any of the actual lights which I think is ultimately over the top and I just won't do):

And then tamed down for use while riding:

Quick Reply: underGLOW