F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Two headlights at once on lo-beams?

Old 11-14-2005, 04:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Two headlights at once on lo-beams?

Hey guys, new rider and poster here! Skimmed around on the forums and didn't see any posts regarding this, so hopefully I'm not redundant in doing so.

I'm looking into getting a few mods done to my new 2005, primarily to see if there's a way to get both headlights to run at the same time with lo-beams. I don't like the fact that only one runs, it seems that from the right side the bike would be difficult to see to someone at night. Has anyone had any problems with that, or perhaps found a way to wire it so that both come on normally?

Thanks,
Kevin

Old 11-14-2005, 07:11 PM
Default RE: Two headlights at once on lo-beams?

when there is a will there is a way. But the only problem is how much time and energy your willing to spend on it. First off each headlight is set at a different degree so the high beam would obviously be set at a higher angle. If you wanted to set both of the lights to make it seem as if both are low beam then you could always change the angle of the high beam. But if you did that then you would have to keep the bright switch on all the time. Another way of going about it would be to disconnect the high beam assembly from the switch and re wire it into the low beam circuit. you might have splice wires, and you might want to get a manual to tell you which wires control what. My buddy who has a 05 R6 set both lights to be high beam but re wired all of them to the switch so he has the option of riding with no lights at all. It all depends on how much time you spend messing with it, how many fuses you want to go through before you get it right, and how much money your willing to spend.

Old 11-14-2005, 09:16 PM

Appreciate the reply. Sounds like overall it's a bit over my head, will try getting a hold of a few friends regarding it. The idea about angling the high beam side down sounds like the easiest resolution all together. Now to find out exactly what needs to be done to angle one side down :P

Old 11-14-2005, 10:23 PM

JUST DO WHAT I DO RIDE HI BEAMS ALL THE TIME IT WILL GIVE U THE BEST ODDS OF BEING SEEN

Old 11-15-2005, 03:00 AM

Hondasbest is right, its actually alot safer to ride with the brights on. Just invest in some xenon 8500K headlights and it wont matter. I have those installed on my bike and standing in front of the bike it is almost impossible to look directly into the beam its so bright. Kinda gives the bike a HID look.

Old 11-15-2005, 04:06 AM

I had the same question....I adjusted my high beam just a bit down and jacked my low way up..now looks BAD *** and way safer!!
Oh yeah, FREE [8D]

If want other ideas see "Headlight Out ?!?!?!" or "Headlight Adjustment" for directions.

Old 11-15-2005, 05:07 AM

Yea, I grabbed a few of those brighter bulbs and put those in, I've noticed a big difference. How exactly did you angle your beams down lower? I'm reluctant to try anything on this thing, it's brand new and I don't want to screw it up.. haha

Old 11-15-2005, 05:52 AM

ORIGINAL: doncollins

you're good here... this way, since you didn't mention it, we know what bike you're talking about. You see them every time you get on the bike. You have big phillips head screws at the top corners for adjusting. I know it's a bad pic.. but here you go.

[IMG]local://upfiles/1936/18743F458A514BCAAEDAF66AB7DEB342.jpg[/IMG]
Hope this helps The glory goes to doncollins

Old 11-15-2005, 12:11 PM

While riding during the day with your high beams might be OK, do not do it at night. Those high intensity bulbs will blind oncoming drivers at night. I don't know about you, but I don't want a car with a blinded driver coming into my lane and killing me.
I was looking at getting a set of the high intensity bulbs for my bike until I was on the receiving end one night in my car. I couldn't see anything for a few seconds and I never considered getting the bulbs again.

Old 11-15-2005, 12:46 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

there's a post on http://forums.cbrworld.net in regards to the conversion.
you run with both lights on on low and you also have high beams. it involves some work though...not too bad.
the site is down so i can't post the direct link. it's in the mods/how to section.

i've posted the link on here before.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Two headlights at once on lo-beams?