F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

turning off youre bike

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2006, 12:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: turning off youre bike

I read the manual...

I guess I missed the part where it said the kill switch was only good for messing with your buddies.

Seriously, the kill switch is just easier for me and I don't leave my keys in the bike, so I don't have to worry about draining the battery.

And now that I think about it, I do leave the bike in gear, so I guess I use 3 devices.

Old 09-02-2006, 12:57 PM

Key

Old 09-02-2006, 01:11 PM

ORIGINAL: OldFatGuy

I use switch, then key.

For everyone that says key so they don't leave the lights on and drain the battery -- do you leave your key in the bike?
+1 really depends on the day, but i always leave my bike in gear when i park it and sometimes i park it on a hill so it's easier just to hit the kill switch first and then turn off the key. sometimes i'll just turn off the key, but i've been using my kill switch first for years and no harm done.

+1 on leaving keys in ur bike?? i mean if i'm right there sometimes i will leave my keys in it, but i'm usually not stopped long either.

Old 09-02-2006, 01:48 PM

ORIGINAL: CBRchica

+1 really depends on the day, but i always leave my bike in gear when i park it and sometimes i park it on a hill so it's easier just to hit the kill switch first and then turn off the key.
You do know that if you lower your kickstand with the bike in gear it will do the same as the kill switch right? I do this all the time when I park on a incline. Just pull up in first. Pull the clutch, drop the kickstand, let out the clutch and take out the key.

You guys really are making it more difficult then it needs to be.[8D]

Old 09-02-2006, 02:02 PM

ORIGINAL: Blackdog F4i

ORIGINAL: CBRchica

+1 really depends on the day, but i always leave my bike in gear when i park it and sometimes i park it on a hill so it's easier just to hit the kill switch first and then turn off the key.
You do know that if you lower your kickstand with the bike in gear it will do the same as the kill switch right? I do this all the time when I park on a incline. Just pull up in first. Pull the clutch, drop the kickstand, let out the clutch and take out the key.

You guys really are making it more difficult then it needs to be.[8D]

yes, i do know that and have used that technique on more than one occasion, but i tend to stick to my old habbits and my first bike didn't shut off w/ the kick stand so i don't usually use that much. force of habbit :P

Old 09-02-2006, 02:26 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i put the stand down while in gear, then kill switch, then key, then i pull off the seat, remove the battery and take it with me...and the key too.

why? cause i'm baller...

Old 09-02-2006, 02:50 PM

My favorite is still the "stunna drop".

I watched a guy do it on a group ride. He pulled up to the group. Got off the bike, and walked away. It falls over and dies. No need for a key, switch, or kickstand. Of course this bike was caged, held together by zip tied and beated with an ugly stick.

Old 09-02-2006, 02:58 PM

ORIGINAL: Tahoe SC

i put the stand down while in gear, then kill switch, then key, then i pull off the seat, remove the battery and take it with me...and the key too.

why? cause i'm baller...

doesn't that take away from your riding time?? lol if i did that at every stop i'd never bother riding.

Old 09-02-2006, 02:59 PM

ORIGINAL: Blackdog F4i

My favorite is still the "stunna drop".

I watched a guy do it on a group ride. He pulled up to the group. Got off the bike, and walked away. It falls over and dies. No need for a key, switch, or kickstand. Of course this bike was caged, held together by zip tied and beated with an ugly stick.

lmao!!!

Old 09-05-2006, 12:04 PM
Banned

I stuff some rags into the airbox until the motor suffocates, then I usually follow the above procedures.

Quick Reply: turning off youre bike