F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Turn signal wiring issue

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2020, 09:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turn signal wiring issue

Trying to figure out what going on with my bike. It’s an 06 model f4i. Just bought it about 2 months ago. It’s runs great and is great to handle. However I can find my rear turn signal wires. I have some new turn signals on it now just have to wire them up. Can y’all help me out by telling me what color they are and where they are located. I believe I’m gonna have to splice them together cause I don’t believe I can find the connector. But I could be looking at it wrong. Help me out! Thanks

that’s what my rear wire area looks like.

Old 07-05-2020, 02:14 PM
Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts

It looks like you have a lot of wirering problems.
First of all cut all the wires that have those hidious nonsense on it. i.e. the house application wire nuts. (blue cap)
I assume you have put in a new taillight hence why there is new wirering?
The side blinkers should have a connector each and might very well hide behind the tail faring outside of the frame.

Old 07-06-2020, 09:17 PM

Yeah I think the guy who wired it just straight wired it all I don’t have any connector for my tail light to connect to my bike just some wire with metal crimps on it to splice I assume. So I need to disconnect the blue wire cap? I’ll look around for the tail light connectors. But if I can find them what should I do? I’m trying to figure out if it’ll get cheaper to just put it in the shop or can I do this myself? A walk through or something of the sort would be of great help.

Old 07-08-2020, 01:32 PM
Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts

I'm not sure how good you are, but fixing this wille definitely make you better
Generally speaking:
Honda generally uses separate blinking lights with their own two pole small connectors.
For the tail light I would expect at least three wires: ground, taillight power supply, breaking light power supply.
Now I don't know the exact details of this type but in theory you can also have an extra light for the license plate, usually 2 wires, but this could be connected parallel to the taillight.

There are several questions that rise when I look at the picture:
1: which wires are all connected under the blue cap.
2: are those blue and yellow wires new from you blinkers?
3: I see an at least three pole connector, do you know its purpose? ( is one connected to ground? then you might have found the taillight connector with brake light)
4: I see 2 messy black wires on the left and 2 like new wires on the right? Where do these lead to?

I hope you have a multimeter....

Old 07-11-2020, 11:14 AM

So the wires that are zip tied and bunched up are for the New twilight that was put on before I purchased. Possibly the tail light may be turn signal wires???? The other newer wires are for my after market tail light I put on recently. However if my taillight has signals couldn’t I just wire those up and be done? Also under the blue cap is just a total of 2 wires. I have a picture of some plugs I found while rummaging through all this. I’ll attach it. So the blue and yellow wires are new and aren’t connected to anything. I think I answered all the question let me know if I haven’t