F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Trying to uninstall my bar end sliders.

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2010, 08:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trying to uninstall my bar end sliders.

I'm trying to install some bar end mirrors and I was taking out the stock sliders and the screw mechanism inside the bars won't come off. I tried pulling it out, but out of fear of breaking something I stopped, because the more I tried taking it out the plastic things surrounding the metal casing is getting more and more chipped. So how the f*** do you get them off?? As you can tell it's really been annoying me. Because I thought it would have been an easy job.

Here is what it looks like 1st pic.

Note: Also hows the best way to install bar end mirrors? These are the mirrors I bought (second picture). Thanks for the help. I really appreciate it. And if it helps, my bike is the 01 F4i.

Attached Thumbnails Trying to uninstall my bar end sliders.-bar-end.jpg   Trying to uninstall my bar end sliders.-photo-2-.jpg  
Old 09-26-2010, 10:10 AM

The only thing holding that piece in is 2 rubber o ring one at the front and one at the rear( if i remeber correctly ), the piece your trying to get out is the bar weight. If your mirrors have threads on them they should thread straight into the piece your trying to pull out.

That piece is about 5" long so if you pulled it out i dont see where you could put the bar end mirrors.

Last edited by bigboi18184; 09-26-2010 at 10:13 AM.
Old 09-26-2010, 07:46 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Put the screw back in and lock a vice grip on it ,pinch the two tabs at 12 & 6 clock and
tap on the vice grip head gently with a hammer !

An extra set of hands from a friend will help to pinch the tabs while you are tapping
the thing out

Yes ..they are stubborn B!tches

Old 09-26-2010, 09:28 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Moved to the F4i section.

Old 09-27-2010, 09:01 AM

i have those same bar end mirrors and there a P.O.S, but any way just find something and yank out that piece somehow

but when you install the metal/aluminum that their made of is super weak and I stripped out 1 of my 2 mirrors when tighting it to the bar end and I was barley using any force ,i had to get a rag and channel locks to hold the mirror in place while i tightened down the bar end

and when i went adjust the mirror where i wanted it that screw head broke off so now my mirrior kind of does what it wants but I can still use it

Old 09-27-2010, 08:49 PM

That is so funny! Exact same bar end crapjobs and mirrors here!!

I left those things in, used the screws from the bar ends, and cranked the new mirrors in. Not extremely tight, but it works. Let me know if you get them out somehow, I would love to know!

Old 09-30-2010, 05:01 PM

I decided to just leave them out and keep my bar end sliders in. Those mirrors are crap anyway. I was playing around with the mirror itself and it doesn't seem like it can handle anything over 45. I just went to go return them. I have another question though. What are some good bar end mirrors that I can just with the sliders?

Old 10-01-2010, 08:58 AM

no..they can handle the mph's but every once andf a while you have to tighten and adjust but if I didnt get mine off egay i would have returned them too....

a while back there was a thread that zmd started i believe that had some good/reliable bar end mirrors...ill try to find them by useing the search

Old 10-02-2010, 08:20 AM

They got some on eBay, with sellers from the US. 2 different kinds. They got those ones which revolve around the 25$ area, then they got similar ones but the bar ends actually have BAR ENDS, like this one http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HONDA...Q5fAccessories

a bit pricier but they look cleaner, and I'm sure they'll in easier. I'm gonna pick up a set soon.

Old 10-02-2010, 02:35 PM

Those do look so much cleaner. I think I might just order them. Thanks a lot for the help it's really appreciated. One thing I learned the other night; contacts, goggles, and german helmets don't mix lol. Dried out my contacts and all I saw was blur.

Quick Reply: Trying to uninstall my bar end sliders.