F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

traffic light sensor

Old 08-16-2007, 12:16 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default traffic light sensor

I need a good product that will be able to trip traffic light sensors. I often find myself stranded at traffic lights until a car pulls up behind me. Recommendations?

Old 08-16-2007, 12:27 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: traffic light sensor

I doubt it very much if there is a reliable product out there... try moving right over the sensor, rocking back/forth a little and/or revving (if the sensor's in the road)

Old 08-16-2007, 12:40 AM

Anyone try the green light trigger?

Old 08-16-2007, 01:31 AM

The lane from our office complex to the main street is pretty much dead in the afternoon so when I come to the light I flick the blinkers, put the stand down, walk up to the crosswalk & hit the button for pedestrian crossing. I only do this at this particular loaction in the afternoons, for other places where I'm stuck I'll make a right & then a U-turn

Be advised that "parking your bike at the light" routine could get your bike knocked over or could earn you a ticket.

Drive safe

Old 08-16-2007, 02:38 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: CBR BoyRacer

Anyone try the green light trigger?

It's no different than just attaching your own strong earth magnet on there (actually that'a a better and less expensive method) but it's still hit and miss either way.

If u do a search on this topic you'll find a ton of info but the cliff note version is:

- No one method works every time and the different methods depend on the type of traffic light (e.g. loop sensor, camera, etc..)
- Putting kick stand down and rolling back 'n forth sometimes works on loop lights
- Hitting your starter button while bike is running sometimes works
- Strong earth magnets work occasionally
- A combo of above
- If no traffic some get off bike and hit the pedestrian crossing button to trip sensor
- All else fails can take a right and then a u-turn
- Laws vary by state but some allow to safely run it if you wait thru 2 cycles and it doesn't turn
- etc.........

Basic answer to your question: Don't waste money on the green light trigger

Old 08-16-2007, 03:57 AM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal

I had a signal wizard on my last bike and it worked about 75% of the time i was at a light and for 20 bucks i'd buy another one for my f4i i just havent goten around to it.

Old 08-16-2007, 05:11 AM

I asked that question in MSF and my instructor told me that its legal to go thru the red light (when its safe and if its safe) if the light doesn't switch.

Something to do with a malfunctioning traffic light. I'd check with your town/state though, i know here in MA its legal for motorcycles/cars to do this if the light doesn't change

Old 08-16-2007, 07:24 AM

I usually just run the light. And normally the only lights I get caught at are the local light in town, that sometimes gets busy but usually not. If it is busy, I usually get lucky and someone pulls up behind me.

Old 08-16-2007, 07:50 AM

run them! i have to run the lights by myhouse all the time ive sat there for about 10mins before i realized it wasnt going to change

Old 08-16-2007, 08:50 AM

In TN, it is legal to run the red light if the rider has waited for any on-coming traffic, looked in all directions,and practices "due care".

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: traffic light sensor