Default track day leathers

what kind of leathers do you guys run?
one piece two piece?
custom or namebrand
which ones fit the bill????

Old 01-01-2009, 03:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: track day leathers

i would get 1 piece..they are safer and some tracks only let you use one piece. I plan on getting an A-stars track suit someday...but a teckic suit is cheap and still really great quality. check with your track to see if you can get a two piece suit or not.

Old 01-01-2009, 03:19 PM

I am a fan of two piece suits. Definitely keep in mind you may be shunned at some tracks, but most don't care. Two piece suits imo offer more versatility, you don't have to wear the whole thing together, you can throw the pants on and a mesh jacket for warmer riding, and not be sweating too much. just thoughts....

Old 01-01-2009, 03:28 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i have a two piece Alpinestars suit. i dont think most tracks will turn you away if you have a two piece, its just that it must zip ALL THE WAY around your waist. where as some track day suits you can purchase only zip accross the back. so i think you'd be safe w/ a two piece, just be sure the suit zips all the way around your waist.

i love my leathers. i love the look of the Alpinestars gear, fits great, and after a while you dont even notice you're wearing it. whatever you get, keep in mind at 1st you'll probably hate it, lol. like any leather, it must be broken in. but like i said, you dont even realize you're wearing it all after a couple miles of riding.

i have the A* trackday pants, A* MX-1 jacket, A* GP Tech gloves, A* SMX-R boots.

Old 01-01-2009, 03:34 PM

I am a big guy 6'3 260 and I have a Kobe Dragon I love it.

Old 01-01-2009, 04:06 PM

I have an Alpinestars two-piece, which I bought on e-bay for about $230. If I were buying a new one, not sure if I'd go with two piece or not. The one piece has definite advantages in donningand probably in overall safety, although I don't think a two-piece is substantially less safe.

If you plan to use the suit occasionally for street riding, I think the two piece is a little more practical.

Don't go cheap on gloves, by the way. Get the best you can afford. Your hands can really take a beating in a get off.

Paul

Old 01-01-2009, 04:37 PM

Iboughta 1 piece for trackdays, and also got some kevlar denim pants with knee pads in them for the street to wear with a textile jacket.
________
Live Sex

Last edited by F4iMane; 09-09-2011 at 06:00 AM.
Old 01-01-2009, 04:40 PM

i have A* spinner jacket, A* smx plus boots, A* octane gloves, but i only have teknic pants with sliders. I will probably buy A* track pants this summer to match

Old 01-01-2009, 06:12 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WTH no fair you can't talk about track days in winter...
I use a 2 piece and make sure it zips all around. 2 >50mph slides and fine so far. Easier to zip out while resting if it's warm, instead of having to get out of the entire suit.

Old 01-01-2009, 06:18 PM

haha i cant ride either...damn NY weather!![:@]

Quick Reply: track day leathers