F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Took A Few Pics Yesterday Nothing OVERLY Glamorous just some progress

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2010, 10:00 AM
April 2011 Ride of the Month
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Took A Few Pics Yesterday Nothing OVERLY Glamorous just some progress

Starting to slowly see progress on the bike.... got some stuff mounted on my naked frame finally haha...

by the way TO ANYONE EVER LOOKING TO DO THE UNDERTAIL PIPE ON A F4I im making a running list of things ull need.... i have to add one last night i stuck on the brake side rearset and went to see if my mid would clear between the swinger and the rear set... sadly it will not....

so i am machining 1" diam. aluminum round X 1" wide spacers (since it only needs to go out a inch to have plenty of room)

IN OTHER WORDS THE F4I WAS DEF NOT DESIGNED FOR A UNDERTAIL PIPE HAHA but like thats gonna stop me...

in this pic u can see my black covers are on, shift rear set is on... forks are on.. brakes on onish... lol... hey any step forward is a good step..

one of the rear sets... decided to use the rr brake line since i need a longer one for the conv. but also decided to use the rr res. and line bc its longer and might come in handy with my home made subframe

and yes i was coverd in brake fluid last night

other cover and other rear set

ubber cool new brakes.. that need cleaned but ima get it all together b4 i clean it all

and another random shot

Old 08-20-2010, 10:01 AM

i really need to clean up my work area tonight... so thats on my list of things to do haha

Old 08-20-2010, 10:05 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Need some wheels on there to atleast make it a roller.

Old 08-20-2010, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by Syphen
Need some wheels on there to atleast make it a roller.

Yea im still patiently waiting on getting my front wheel... gotta find the right one for the right price... got the rear just need to send it of to pc...

btw can anyone inform me on which way the large circular thermostat looking thing (im not sure if it is a thermo or not to be honest) goes when u bolt it to the forks? does it go in or out?

Old 08-20-2010, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by zmds18
btw can anyone inform me on which way the large circular thermostat looking thing (im not sure if it is a thermo or not to be honest) goes when u bolt it to the forks? does it go in or out?
The horn?
Name:  DSCN0579.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  8.8 KB
?

Old 08-20-2010, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by Syphen
The horn?

?
lol..wow..thats one crusty horn

zmds-looks good maynge...when I saw your first picture with the grease/lubricant on the frame I got out a terri cloth and started wiping my screen I have an OCD problem...not only with the bike but ESP. my black frame...its gotta be dustless maintenancing the bike is no excuse ; ) or in your case...playing lego's with it!!

Old 08-20-2010, 10:31 AM

beleive it or not what u see on my frame is because of the humidity we had the last few weeks haha... but yea ima wait to the end to give everything a good clean or itll all just get dirty as i put stuff on..

and damn lol didnt realize that was a horn hahaha.... guess id doesnt really matter which way that faces

Old 08-20-2010, 10:42 AM

beleive it or not what u see on my frame is because of the humidity we had the last few weeks haha... but yea ima wait to the end to give everything a good clean or itll all just get dirty as i put stuff on..

and damn lol didnt realize that was a horn hahaha.... guess id doesnt really matter which way that faces
You kindof do, otherwise it will be blowing up and in your face - super loud. In the pic I posted, the side that you can see is the side you want facing down.

Old 08-20-2010, 10:47 AM

okie doke... i beleive on the r1 forks im running though the options are facing towards me or away... if thats the case ill make sure and just turn it away from me

Old 08-20-2010, 11:44 AM

okie doke... i beleive on the r1 forks im running though the options are facing towards me or away... if thats the case ill make sure and just turn it away from me
Why?...you mean to dont want it upside down and honking at you while riding?

Quick Reply: Took A Few Pics Yesterday Nothing OVERLY Glamorous just some progress