F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Tires????????

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2005, 10:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tires????????

So Im in the market looking at getting a new set of tires. What do yall recommend for a bike thats rode about 3-4 times a week. This is my first bike so Im not doing anything crazy on it, just riding back and forth to work every now and then. I have a set of dunlope sportmax's, but I hear there junk. I heard that that bridgestones and the michelin pilot powers are really good for the street. What do yall recommend. Thanks for any info.

Russell

Old 08-03-2005, 12:05 PM
Default RE: Tires????????

in my opinion, the michelin pilot powers are the best tires out there right now....just my .02

Old 08-03-2005, 12:26 PM

If you are just commuting on it, there are no bad tires for that...but if you plan on riding aggressive, then Pilot Powers are awesome, but D208ZR Dunlops work fine as well..I have used many different tires, and the D208ZR was always good to me, I do not care much for the Bridgestones..Pilot Powers are the best though

Old 08-03-2005, 02:48 PM
Ironmang
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If your doing mostly communing (like me) and are not super agressive and looking for a mileage tire, Metzeler Roadtec Z6 is about the best you'll find for that. I got 13k miles out of my last Z6 rear. It's still got plenty of grip though... really good all around tire! I've got them front and rear right now

Old 08-03-2005, 05:00 PM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal

Bridgestone tires suck

Old 08-03-2005, 05:07 PM

Perelli Diablos id say are one of the best out there i just got mine and they are awsome and i only payed $211 for the pair shipped to me at that price it is a steal just call heatwavecycle the number is 1-480-539-8848 that is the best deal on those i have ever seen at my local dealers the back tire alone is $208 and the front is $135 and i got mine for $211 look into it man you wont find a deal like that anywhere and that is the everyday price its not sale price

Old 08-04-2005, 01:20 AM

I JUST PUT ON A SET OF 014 BRIDGES AND HAVE BEEN RUNNING MAXXIS . THE MAXXIS WERE OK FOR COMMUTING GOT ALOT OF MILES OUT OF THEM BUT THEY WERE NOT ALL THAT GREAT ON CORNERS I RIDE MY BIKE TO WORK EVERYDAY ALMOST AND RIDE HARD ON WEEKENDS SOMETIMES 300 TO 700 MILES ON WEEKENDS THE MAXXIS WERE LASTING ME ABOUT 3000 MILES ON THE REAR AND DUNLOPE 208 LASTED 1800 MILES

Old 08-04-2005, 01:40 AM

i'll tell you the truth, for your type of riding you are gonna want the michelin pilot sport. They are excellent sport tires. Go to michelin.com and read up on the different pilots. Believe me the pilot sport is the best for our bikes when it comes to sport riding.

Old 08-04-2005, 01:50 AM

Hey thanks for the info guys. I just now got into the bike world so Im tryin find out whats good and whats crap, since I dont have any past experience. Ive been around drag racing for the better part of half my life (Im 21 now) and if parts are the same for sport bikes, everyone has their own likes and dislikes. You just gotta figure out what works for you. I know in racing slicks theres so many different brands and compounds that you gotta weed through them all to find out what works best, sometimes just by trial and error. HAHA That eats at the pocket book though.

Ive got another question for yall. Is it worth the money to unmount the tires yourself or just have take the whole bike to get the set of tires changed. I would say Im compitent enough to get them mounted back up properly (aligned, adjusting the chain , ect.), I just dont know if its easier to pay the extra $$$$$ and have them do it for you?????????????

Old 08-09-2005, 07:13 PM

Pilot Powers all the way. They are by far the best tired I've ever had. She feels like a totally different machine. I paid less than $250 shipped from this place.
http://www.kgmotorcycletires.com/mic...ilot_power.htm
and got them in 3 days.

Quick Reply: Tires????????