F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

TIRES!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2007, 04:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: TIRES!!

something black, round and full of air. you should be good to go after that.

OEM tires are generally not performance street tires, rather, most are sport touring like the Dunlop D218 on the 600RR. For the track, i suggest a HP tire. Take your choice, there's a dozen of them. the favorite seems to be the Pilot Power series (standard or 2CT).

One last thing... a 2 ply tire does NOT mean it has two compounds, Leveltwo. I'm not really sure where that came from but it certainly isn't accurate.

Old 01-02-2007, 05:58 PM

Pirelli Stradas for me. High mileage tire and excellent in the rain.

Old 01-02-2007, 06:57 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm looking at fitting the Micheling Pilot Power 2CT. I got someone pushing me towards the Pirelli Diablo Corsas (you know who you are).

Old 01-02-2007, 07:04 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yo bird, you can't go wrong with either of them!
as far as the OG poster...i say go with just the diablos, qualifiers or pilot powers (not 2CT)...or if you want more mileage, then diablo stradas.

Old 01-02-2007, 08:41 PM

www.ronayers.com has been having tire specials:

Temporary Tire Price Reduction (Limited Time Only)
Ronayers.com is where the rubber meets the road for tires and for a limited time it’s cheap. Ronayers.com has significantly reduced the price on all tires (except Dunlop). This promotion cannot be combined with any other promotions or discounts. Go ahead, go get some: Michelin | Pirelli | Metzeler | Bridgestone | Avon
gonna jump on this today.

Old 01-02-2007, 10:08 PM

Michelin Pilot Roads here... great wear, tractionand mileage. Dennis Kirk price matches anyone and ship the same day if they are in stock. I got a front and a rear last fall for $220 shipped.

Old 01-03-2007, 01:53 AM

Thanks for all the feedback, i really appreciate it.

It seems like the big4 tires were the M3s, Qulifiers, Michelin Pilot Powers, Diablos.

I saw one response that the Pilot Powers wear quickly but i was curious if they wore quicker then the M3s? I don't mind tires going quick, but i also don't want to be buying new tires every year if the added traction is only marginal...both tires i have heard great things about.

I also keep hearing that some love the qualifiers...are they better then the M3s or Pilot Powers?

Any final thoughts?? I checked out the link Anthony sent and new M3s (front/rear) shipped are $235, Pilot Powers 2CT are $270, Pilot Power $230, and Dunlop Qualifiers $260....these all include shipping.

Are these good prices? The price difference seems marginal when its your a$$ on the line, so i don't mind spending the few extra bucks....but what's the best tire to keep my bike planted on the ground, but also won't need replacing every year?

Thanks again!

Old 01-03-2007, 02:11 AM

One last thing... a 2 ply tire does NOT mean it has two compounds, Leveltwo. I'm not really sure where that came from but it certainly isn't accurate.

i meant 2 compound...sorry

Old 01-03-2007, 03:19 AM

www.ronayers.com
www.americanmototire.com
www.cyclegear.com
Local shops may have deals too.

I picked up the Metzeler M1s from ronayers for $106 + shipping. I have these now and about to bald out but feel really confident with them...and $106 seems like a steal. Be sure to shop around.

Old 01-03-2007, 01:10 PM

ORIGINAL: sparg93
i also don't want to be buying new tires every year if the added traction is only marginal...

but what's the best tire to keep my bike planted on the ground, but also won't need replacing every year?
It'sreally going to depend on how much you ride and your style of riding.As a reference, I went thru2 sets of tires last year and am well into my 3rd set, however I put on over15k miles too.

It sounds to me like you are a fairly new rider and would most likely benefit from a higher mileage tirethat isn't going to be prone to getting a flat spot.

As a comparison, the MPP’s are a softer compound tire, which is an excellent choice for riders choosing to do track days and the like. I ran the MPP'sand found them to be excellenttires, however I barely got 3k miles out of the rear.I'm a fairly aggressive rider and found that I was going thru the MPP’s rather quickly, thus I switched to theMPR's (pilot roads) in Augustand have been very happy with them thus far.

This link may be beneficial to you as well. http://www.sportrider.com/tech/tires...08_tire_guide/ Good luck!

Quick Reply: TIRES!!