F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

tires

Old 12-30-2009, 03:39 PM
Default tires

hey guy and ladys. i was at my local bike shop the other day and across tires that said FULL BORE do any of you all know anything bout them i bought the front and rear tire both for 250 new just to try them out anyone else know anything bout them

Last edited by STRETCH15; 12-30-2009 at 03:48 PM.
Old 12-30-2009, 05:07 PM
Registered Users

sweet

Old 12-30-2009, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by STRETCH15 View Post
hey guy and ladys. i was at my local bike shop the other day and across tires that said FULL BORE do any of you all know anything bout them i bought the front and rear tire both for 250 new just to try them out anyone else know anything bout them
you could have gotten a set of pp2CTs for $9 more

Old 12-30-2009, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by PlayfulGod View Post
you could have gotten a set of pp2CTs for $9 more
+1

Frankly, I've never heard of 'em til you wrote your post. But, just b/c I've never heard of them, it doesn't mean they're not decent tires. Google comes up w/ this... http://www.fullboretires.com/index.html Looking at their site, I can't seem to find where exactly their tires are made...or really any technical data about their tires.

For $250/pair as you report, I have to say that I would not be willing to "try them out". I've been around the block enough to know when to stick w/ quality that I actually know.

In the interest of furthering the knowledge of available products out there, I'd suggest you give us periodic reports on the performance of your tires. Hope they work out ok for you.

Last edited by gotcbr; 12-30-2009 at 09:59 PM. Reason: sp
Old 12-30-2009, 10:07 PM

Additionally,

Fullboretires makes a pretty bold statement on their mainpage, "With it's near slick design, this DOT approved tire will soon have a cult following at track days and become the tire of choice for drag racing."

Ahhh, yeahhh, ok...right. :\ That statement would not be correct in the circles that I run in. I do quite a number of trackdays, & I believe I can say that *nobody* is going to start using a tire on the track that is unproven & has no reputation (at least none that I know of at the tracks I attend)..much less go away from tires that they've got experience w/ & depend on. But hey, I guess anything is possible. :\

Just to reitterate though, I hope these tires work well for you. Sometimes we have to use what we have or what we can get. Best of luck on dependable tires.

Last edited by gotcbr; 12-30-2009 at 10:11 PM.
Old 12-30-2009, 10:08 PM

Double-tap. Sorry.

Old 12-30-2009, 10:52 PM

Does anyone here know any place to get tires mounted and installed. Cause I have ZERO idea on how to take the tires and wheels off and then reinstall. The dealer is convenient, and normally I can just wait around the two hours (I don't set up appointments). But the price is what gets me. I'm not sure, but I want to say it was ~$360 for both new tires, and install. Does that sound good/bad?

Old 12-30-2009, 11:51 PM

there was a new brand of tires that are being made out of the same plant as shinkos...but i don't remember if that's the name i heard

Old 12-31-2009, 08:04 PM

thanks guys! so where do you get those pp2ct's at

Old 12-31-2009, 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by STRETCH15 View Post
thanks guys! so where do you get those pp2ct's at
sportbiketrackgear.com

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: tires

Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.